Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Volunteers to Support Mike Cox at the Novi Gun & Knife Show Saturday & Sunday

Post imported post

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll be there both days & am offering the ability to ride with me if you're on my side of town. Please let me know asap if you're interested so I can give them an accurate count.

If you want more info feel free posting questions here.
    Hope to see some of you there.

Mike

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Is OC allowed for volunteers?

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Is OC allowed for volunteers?
    Very good question!!! I totaly forgot to ask. Got an answer. The venue stated that open carry is OK as long as it's unloaded & in a holster. Reason being the venues insurance wont allow loaded weapons. I will be OC'ing myself per the venues rules.

So volunteering while OC'ing is fine as long as it's unloaded.

Mike

Post imported post

Fyi, if people ask about open carry ill have a stack of folded pamphlets with me

supporting dual causes at the same time!!:celebrate

Post imported post

I'm not going to be able to make. A lsot of assignments due that following week for school.

Question. Since they will only allow OC with an unloaded handgun, can you have loaded magazines on your person?

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    I'm not going to be able to make. A lsot of assignments due that following week for school.

Question. Since they will only allow OC with an unloaded handgun, can you have loaded magazines on your person?
    Yes. The only prohibition was loaded pistols only. Mag's no problem as long as its not loaded and in a pistol.

Post imported post

If that's a Doug Carl show, the Rules are his not the Show"s. Will Mike Cox be there?

So far he hasn't answered any of my many calls or emails about open carry or related problems.Remember this is the guy that promised to eliminate the gun free zones for CPL holders if elected.And nothing was ever mentioned again.

Post imported post

Hmm wonder what his opinion is on Open Carry I'll ask tomorrow and let you know.

Post imported post

My gf and I are interested in helping out. Could you PM me the address and exact times?

Post imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
    My gf and I are interested in helping out. Could you PM me the address and exact times?
    There is no set time you need to volunteer for they appreciate whatever you can do. People are volenteering between 9-5 both days. I myself will probably be there at noon till 5 on Saturday and I'm going to try to be there as long as possible on Sunday. They have less people on Sunday so the more the better. I'll PM you my number so if youcan't find us I can come grab you.

Novi
    Rock Financial Showplace
    46100 Grand River
    Sat 9am - 5pm
    Sun 10am - 3pm

Please let me know if you're going to volunteer before you come.

Post imported post

Mike Cox himself will not be there this weekend. He is busy attending several other events. I'm sure there will be many opportunaties coming up where you will be able to meet and speak with him. I will post them as they are announced.

Post imported post

I will be there tomorrow around 12:30-1:30 .. same time on Sunday ..

Post imported post

I have a large pile of MOC trifolds printed and am folding them now. They will be ready to go for the event.

Post imported post

Roomie borrowed my van and is late returning it. I probly won't make it there till 11:30ish now.

Post imported post

That's ok i have a dentist appointment I cant get out of I probably wont be there till 1-1:30ish. I will be there for the full time tomorrow though.

Post imported post

Not to be a fuddy duddy but whats the point of O.C.ing with an unloaded firearm (not weapon) that's like having a loaded firearm (not weapon) in your home with a trigger lock.

:what:

Post imported post

I dont know about you but it takes me about 2 seconds to drop in a full mag an rack the slide. You must be an old timer Being 2 seconds from ready to rock & roll is better then being disarmed. Just be happy We're not like Cali where they have to be like that by law. Second reason is to get people asking about open carry so I can pass out MOC pamphlets.

Post imported post

I was just at the show in Novi. They did not allow loaded magazines either. (I surrendered one loaded mag)

I was OCing but they also tied a zip tie through my gun. Its their building, their rules, so no matter to me.

Just an FYI.
    “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Post imported post

Yep, we figured that out the hard way they got like 5 mags from TheSzerdi No big deal we got over 60 signatures just today plus I passed out many MOC pamphlets and someone actually mentioned seeing the Fairlane Mall article on TheSzerdi lol that was great when I got to point out that it was him

I'll be up there tomorrow at noon if anyone would like to volunteer let me know.

Post imported post

I'll prob be up their tomm, if I can wake up in time (I work nights), I will be CC though, I don't want anyone putting a zip tie in my personal property. Where is the table set up?

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    I'll prob be up their tomm, if I can wake up in time (I work nights), I will be CC though, I don't want anyone putting a zip tie in my personal property.Â* Where is the table set up?
    Do you want to volunteer or just visit? Either one is ok. We're kind of in the middle isle the table is surrounded by Mike Cox lawn signs you cant miss it really. If you'd like to volunteer PM me your name and phone number and I'll make sure get you a free pass to get in when you arrive. Parking is $5.

Post imported post

I'll be with the better half, who will be Christmas shopping, so I'm sure I will just be stopping by. Plus this way I can get a flyer (printer outta ink for over a year now, lol) to keep in my back pocket. Also I'm hoping to pick up a bumpersticker. Although I haven't made up my mind about the Sheriff or the AG, have to wait for a debate.

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    God Bless

Post imported post

No prob I agree when it comes to private property, just thought I'd stir the pot...lol

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    No prob I agree when it comes to private property, just thought I'd stir the pot...lol

I was agreeing with you first! I will CC that way I am still cocked and locked and ready to rock, i'll offer cover while you guys cut off your zip ties and beg for your ammo back.:P

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

God Bless

Bam!" - eastmeyers

God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    conservative85 wrote:

I was agreeing with you first! I will CC that way I am still cocked and locked and ready to rock, i'll offer cover while you guys cut off your zip ties and beg for your ammo back.:P

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

God Bless
    I believe the Rock Financial Showplace would qualify as a pistol free area for CPL holders because of its indoor capacity. Just sayin'

The show was good, I got a few mags, a mag holster, some 30-30 ammo and some .357 ammo.

“Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast