• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for Volunteers to Support Mike Cox at the Novi Gun & Knife Show Saturday & Sunday

mikestilly

imported post

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll be there both days & am offering the ability to ride with me if you're on my side of town. Please let me know asap if you're interested so I can give them an accurate count.

If you want more info feel free posting questions here.
Hope to see some of you there.

Mike

mikestilly

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Is OC allowed for volunteers?

Very good question!!! I totaly forgot to ask. Got an answer. The venue stated that open carry is OK as long as it's unloaded & in a holster. Reason being the venues insurance wont allow loaded weapons. I will be OC'ing myself per the venues rules.

So volunteering while OC'ing is fine as long as it's unloaded.

Mike

T Vance

imported post

I'm not going to be able to make. A lsot of assignments due that following week for school.

Question. Since they will only allow OC with an unloaded handgun, can you have loaded magazines on your person?

mikestilly

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I'm not going to be able to make. A lsot of assignments due that following week for school.

Question. Since they will only allow OC with an unloaded handgun, can you have loaded magazines on your person?

Yes. The only prohibition was loaded pistols only. Mag's no problem as long as its not loaded and in a pistol.

thekunk47

imported post

If that's a Doug Carl show, the Rules are his not the Show"s. Will Mike Cox be there?

So far he hasn't answered any of my many calls or emails about open carry or related problems.Remember this is the guy that promised to eliminate the gun free zones for CPL holders if elected.And nothing was ever mentioned again.

mikestilly

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
My gf and I are interested in helping out. Could you PM me the address and exact times?

There is no set time you need to volunteer for they appreciate whatever you can do. People are volenteering between 9-5 both days. I myself will probably be there at noon till 5 on Saturday and I'm going to try to be there as long as possible on Sunday. They have less people on Sunday so the more the better. I'll PM you my number so if youcan't find us I can come grab you.

[align=center]Novi
Rock Financial Showplace
46100 Grand River
Sat 9am - 5pm
Sun 10am - 3pm
[/align]

[align=left]Please let me know if you're going to volunteer before you come.[/align]

mikestilly

imported post

Mike Cox himself will not be there this weekend. He is busy attending several other events. I'm sure there will be many opportunaties coming up where you will be able to meet and speak with him. I will post them as they are announced.

conservative85

imported post

Not to be a fuddy duddy but whats the point of O.C.ing with an unloaded firearm (not weapon) that's like having a loaded firearm (not weapon) in your home with a trigger lock.

:what:

mikestilly

imported post

I dont know about you but it takes me about 2 seconds to drop in a full mag an rack the slide. You must be an old timer ;) Being 2 seconds from ready to rock & roll is better then being disarmed. Just be happy We're not like Cali where they have to be like that by law. Second reason is to get people asking about open carry so I can pass out MOC pamphlets.

a2fireball

imported post

I was just at the show in Novi. They did not allow loaded magazines either. (I surrendered one loaded mag) ;)

I was OCing but they also tied a zip tie through my gun. Its their building, their rules, so no matter to me.

Just an FYI.

mikestilly

imported post

Yep, we figured that out the hard way they got like 5 mags from TheSzerdi :) No big deal we got over 60 signatures just today plus I passed out many MOC pamphlets and someone actually mentioned seeing the Fairlane Mall article on TheSzerdi lol that was great when I got to point out that it was him :)

I'll be up there tomorrow at noon if anyone would like to volunteer let me know.

eastmeyers

imported post

I'll prob be up their tomm, if I can wake up in time (I work nights), I will be CC though, I don't want anyone putting a zip tie in my personal property. Where is the table set up?

God Bless