• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bought My Dad A Glock 23

manicdevery

imported post

My Dad's birthday is next monday andeverytime he shoots my glock he always says, "one day i will get one of these, one day." Next monday he has no clue that when "i need his help moving some stuff. . ." he is going to be the new owner of a Glock 23 w/night sights. I cannot wait to see his face. I think i am going to get him a diaper for when he craps his pants. I am ear to ear.

Devery

manicdevery

imported post

Bronson wrote:
manicdevery wrote:
Bought My Dad A Glock 23

Isn't he a little old for toys. Get him a grown-up's gun ;):p:lol:

Bronson

Though i am a glock fan i laughed pretty hard, i will get hima grown up gun when i get a grown up salary. very funny
lol.gif
, , , jerk
cry.gif

Devery

eastmeyers

imported post

Oh Bronson is just jelous that your father will NEVER have a jam if he treats it well. Also that he only need to clean it after he uses it, and not every so often just to keep it working. Its okay though.

:p

ghostrider

imported post

Congratulations.

Reminds me of when I was in the service. Money wasn't so tight back then, so I was able to afford a GP100 with a trigger job and a red front sight insert for my father.

Giving that gun to him for his birthday was a special moment for both of us. It was a complete surprise to him. I figured that if I had the means to do it, then I might as well since I might not in the future. Glad I did.

Bronson

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Oh Bronson is just jelous that your father will NEVER have a jam if he treats it well. Also that he only need to clean it after he uses it, and not every so often just to keep it working. Its okay though.

:p

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. ;)

Bronson

manicdevery

imported post

It is hard to find anyone on this forum that isn't down to earth and have the same goals or wants for one another. i think i am more happy to get this gun for my dad than he will be to recieve it, not that he will be unappreciative but this is the first time i will be able to do something for him for a change.

Devery

Bronson

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
this is the first time i will be able to do something for him for a change.

Devery

And that makes it worthwhile regardless of any fun we (ok, I) might poke at you.

Good goin', I'm sure your dad will love it.

Bronson

manicdevery

imported post

Bronson wrote:
manicdevery wrote:
this is the first time i will be able to do something for him for a change.

Devery

And that makes it worthwhile regardless of any fun we (ok, I) might poke at you.

Good goin', I'm sure your dad will love it.

Bronson

just out of curiousityi waswondering what is your weapon of choice?

Just in case i decide to get him a real gun one day. . .:p

Bronson

imported post

manicdevery wrote:
just out of curiousityi waswondering what is your weapon of choice?

Just in case i decide to get him a real gun one day. . .:p

I have several. In no particular order:

Kahr CW40

Dan Wesson Commander 1911

High StandardCompact 1911 (still not in the rotation as I just got it and I want to put another 100rounds through it)

Bersa Thunder .380

S&W model 60 .38 special

Ruger GP100

and as a BUG I'll carry a Kel-Tec P-32

I also havea Firestorm full size 1911 on lay-away (only $293.00 to go!).

I am also anxiously awaiting the release of Bersa's new single stack, polymer framed 9mm and .40 S&W slated for next year. They look very similar to the Kahr PM line and if the trigger feels anything like the Kahr trigger I'll be all over the 9mm.

The ones that get the most carry time are probably the Dan Wesson, Kahr, and Kel-Tec.

There are others but I don't carry them.

Bronson

wally1120

imported post

I respect that the Son bought the Father a gun, I am unable to afford anything like this. I also think that the Glock is a real gun, I sure as HEL* wouldn`t want to get hit with it. As far as anything smaller then a 9mm isn`t a very good carry gun. Altho I wouldn`t want to get hit by a .22LR either, It is just not very effective on killing quickly.

manicdevery

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Again, I LOVE my Glock 23. It feels so nice in my hand. She's fun to shoot too.

the week i had my dad's glock i bought him before i gave it to him it felt real nice holding both of them in my hands.

You should have seen the look on his face when we got to the jailhouse to get it registered, i told him i needed a witness for some papers for work. classic, well worth it.

wally1120

imported post

Congrats, I wish I could do something like this for my Father, I am UH unemployed right now so I cant even think about buying much of anything right now.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Congrats on the idea and carrying it out. I like it alot. I have been thinking what to get my son for his 18th birthday coming up, so this helps quite a bit!

I was never able to do this with my father as he was not into guns and passed away in 2005. He was in WWII and was just not into guns after that, although he only did what his brothers called a "Summer Cruise" in the Navy in 1945 arriving on Okinawa after most of the fighting ended.

I was able to give him a great gift just a few months before he passed away - 2 weeks of golf for the both of us and during 1 of the rounds I shot 68 (3 under par). He was a Golf Pro here in MI for 55 years of his life and forgot more about golf than I will probably ever know. I could see the proud look of a parent but also of a teacher who had invested 35 years of Golf Instruction with this student called his son. I will never forget that day or the look in his eyes as I beat par from the tips.

I hope that the upcoming "range time" provides you with similar memories!