• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Mcdonalds in Carson City for OC'ing

bookem03

imported post

The wife,son and I were at McDonalds in Carson City.The wife and I were eating and my son was playing in thr Playroom.As normal I was OCing,I went to the restroom and as I was leaving the restroom a McDonalds Employee came in and asked me if I a LEO? I said no.He said that I needed to leave because someone said something to them about me being in the playroom with my gun.Am I missing something?Is it lawful to be in the playroom OC'ing? I then asked to talk to a Manager.she came out but didn't speak english. I asked what their corprate policy was .of course they didn't know.The other Employee told me that they knew that it was Legal to OC but someone complained.I got the owner's number but his mailbox was full.Will keep trying.

jfrey123

imported post

Sorry that happened to you... To answer your question, there isn't anything in the laws about being in a McDonalds playland. You violated no laws. You were right to leave when asked, because that runs the risk of becoming a Trespass issue.

I'd be interested to see what the owner has to say if they respond.

bookem03

imported post

I will keep everyone posted IF he responds.Voicemail says his his box is full.If your intrested, the phone number is 1-800-837-2307 Andres is his name.

We go there 3 times a week so the kids can play.I OC all the time and never had a issue.Some anti-gunner thought I was going to harm some little kids or something. We need to contiue to educate people about the good guys:celebrateKeep in mind that the bad guys will always have guns.

Just another day in the life of a OC'ing citizen.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

You could always go and complain to the Manager that there are parents in the Playland area who are totally unprepared to protect their children. Tell them that you find that to be offensive and you want them to make these bad parents leave.

:p

LoveMyCountry
www.reachtheworld.net

S

silent_cLuie

imported post

Go for it if you miss something because once they say the wrong speculation you are encountered a problem again.Its better to keep trying so that the complained can told in legal OC.

nomidlname

imported post

I'm just curious... Why would anyone answer"are you a LEO"question directly? Can you say something politely like " i'm sorry but I can't answer that at this tme." Or something else a little vauge. I mean... If your going to maintain your right to remain silent why give it up to a non-law enforcement officer?

Staying polite and professional is always hard when not answering questions so why not practice on someone who cant arrest for arbitrary reasons? :)

Btw, I am not in any way asking or advising anyone to pose as LEO. But if they don't know, what obligation doyou have legally to confirm ifyou are or not?

Beau

imported post

Whenever something like this happens just throw it back at them.

They tell you to leave or ask you disarm because someone else was uncomfortable and complained.

Tell them that their request is making you uncomfortable and that the fact that another patron complained and wants you to leave makes you wonder what that personis planning to do that they donot want an armed person around.

Tell the person asking you to leave/disarm that you will be filing a complaint against them personally for their unsatisfactory treatment of you, their customer.

yelohamr

imported post

nomidlname wrote:
I'm just curious... Why would anyone answer"are you a LEO"question directly? Can you say something politely like " i'm sorry but I can't answer that at this tme." Or something else a little vauge. I mean... If your going to maintain your right to remain silent why give it up to a non-law enforcement officer?
When I"m asked that I reply, "No I'm a Pisces"

DESERT ATILLA

imported post

yelohamr wrote:
nomidlname wrote:
When I"m asked that I reply, "No I'm a Pisces"
That wouldn't work for me since I am a Leo (not a LEO).:lol:

Mike In Reno

imported post

bookem03 wrote:
The wife,son and I were at McDonalds in Carson City.The wife and I were eating and my son was playing in thr Playroom.As normal I was OCing,I went to the restroom and as I was leaving the restroom a McDonalds Employee came in and asked me if I a LEO? I said no.He said that I needed to leave because someone said something to them about me being in the playroom with my gun.Am I missing something?Is it lawful to be in the playroom OC'ing? I then asked to talk to a Manager.she came out but didn't speak english. I asked what their corprate policy was .of course they didn't know.The other Employee told me that they knew that it was Legal to OC but someone complained.I got the owner's number but his mailbox was full.Will keep trying.
i would always avoid wac Arnolds at all costs!

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If I am asked, "Are you are a LEO?", I would respond: "No, but I'm probablythe next best thing you have here! A law abiding citizen protecting my rights and that of me and my family. Of course, the ability to also protect you andthe other great employees you have working here in this wonderful establishment granted to me and other law abiding citizensby state law. Not to mention, the right to protectthe individual and his or her family who seems concerned about me and my weapon, if any bad guys do attempt to rob me or others here while patronizing your incredibly beautifulrestaurant! Are those Dickies your wearing??? Man, I love Dickies! Don't they feel great! Goes great with those shoes, John! Is it John I read on your name tag? My dads name is John! What a great name! I knew there was something about you I liked, John!...bla bla bla" :shock:

He'll probably walk away and pee himself wondering what the heck did I just do tohis mindand give me free food for life (if I can bear to eat there that much)!

AnakinsKid

imported post

"Are you a LEO?"

"Why? Is someone causing trouble? I can call one for you", while pulling out the cell phone.

It worked the one time I did it. Possibly because I never said I wasn't one.

calmp9

imported post

bookem03 wrote:
What a moron, though! There was no real cause to ask that question. The business establishment involved almost always proclaims that somebody complains that somebody has a gun. I think if confronted, they couldn't prove that. If that were true, the police would show up every time.