• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November 28th-29th Costa Mesa Gun Show

demnogis

imported post

I'm not sure how many people are close to the Orange County Fairgrounds, but there is a Crossroads of the West show on the weekend of the 28th and 29th. Anyone interested in seeing what it would take to get a booth and/or hand out some CA OC pamphlets and fliers?

coolusername2007

imported post

OK, I'll answer my own question. A wall table costs $110, and 10x10 booths cost $320. If we want a booth I have professional popup trade booth with lighting setup we can use, otherwise a table would probably be fine.

I can also print very nice double sided color copy brochures on my color laser printer.Signage will cost extra if we want that also (there are ways we can do signs economically).

Volunteers would be needed for pamphlet folding, manning the booth, and learning the appropriate talking points.

Should we start a donation fund to make this event happen? If too soon, there will be moreshows in the southland in the near future. See http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunorder.htm

demnogis

imported post

I don't know about you guys but I'm shy on money. Maybe we could hand out OC pamphlets and take empty holsters? At a gunshow AFAIK you cannot be in possession of a firearm and the same type of ammo for that firearm. Gotta dig up the PC...

I'll be working the RWVA booth saturday I think. Or, I'll try to. It depends on what work hits me with. I do plan on going at least one day next weekend. Is there going to be a calguns booth?