• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gloucester Supervisor's Meeting

TFred

imported post

TraumaRN wrote:
Just saw this, too late to attend. Anyone else going, looks like you'll be denied right to carry into meeting.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_glomeeting_1118nov18,0,4903824.story
Unfortunately, I don't think the courthouse prohibition contains an exception for non-court related use of the facility. I bet if they had their supervisor's meeting in a non-courthouse setting, they would know better.

Of course, from reading the article, it sounds like they are pretty scared of their constituents.

TFred

TFred

imported post

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-283.1

§ 18.2-283.1. Carrying weapon into courthouse.

It shall be unlawful for any person to possess in or transport into any courthouse in this Commonwealth any (i) gun or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile or projectile of any kind, (ii) frame, receiver, muffler, silencer, missile, projectile or ammunition designed for use with a dangerous weapon and (iii) any other dangerous weapon, including explosives, stun weapons as defined in § 18.2-308.1, and those weapons specified in subsection A of § 18.2-308. Any such weapon shall be subject to seizure by a law-enforcement officer. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to any police officer, sheriff, law-enforcement agent or official, conservation police officer, conservator of the peace, magistrate, court officer, or judge while in the conduct of such person's official duties.