Thread: Burglary Odds

Post imported post

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

McX

Post imported post

decreased my odds, and probably offended my politically correct neighbors by placing a -carry.org bumpersticker on the front door of my home. a new kind of 'welcome mat' so to speak.

Post imported post

Last year I used a snow pile to be the back stop for my practice, left the spent shells (only the aluminum ones) on the ground. In the spring I retrived the lead and put them in a glass jar next to my back porch... Got a lot of comments! May have to do that agian.

Post imported post

Never thought of that. I have a shooting bench built into my porch and my kitchen door is my main door. What can I say, I'm country. My welcome sign is a black cast iron cutout of a M1 Garand with the word Welcome under it and the seams in the wood deck of my porch is pretty much full of 22 cases. The large brass I pick up but if the broom doesn't get the small stuff it stays till my nephew comes to visit.

You don't suppose that's why I have no trouble getting door to door types to take my word for it when I tell them no do you?

I suppose target stands in my lawn except when I am mowing might be a hint that this is a free fire zone. I love living in the country.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2009/nov/...s-more-police/
    Today burglars fear the homeowner much more than the police. They know the police cannot shoot them for crimes against property and cannot chase them if they flee in a vehicle.
    Says who?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Common PD policy as I understand from my previous PD experience.

Post imported post

I know a while back a buddy of mine had one of those front yard signs that read "Nothing in my house is worth dying for". A better burglar detterant I have never seen!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

McX

Post imported post

so what have we decided for me guys? Do i peel off the icarry sticker on the front door, in lieu of; they will wait until you leave, and go with nothing; make it more sporting so to speak?

Post imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
    I know a while back a buddy of mine had one of those front yard signs that read "Nothing in my house is worth dying for". A better burglar detterant I have never seen!
    My own sign is the outline of an M-4 and the text reads; "If you can read this, you are in range".

I wish my former neighbors and friends in Wisconsin the best of luck in securing the right to defend yourselves. I moved from SE Wisconsin to Utah a few months ago and now concealed carry daily. My weapons and my American Express; I never leave home without one of each. I have joined Wisconsincarry.org and have even done OC in Wisconsin before I left.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Post imported post

pkbites wrote: Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    My current experience is almost 28 years in law enforcement and I know of very few departments that have policies prohibiting vehicle pursuits.

Post imported post

pkbites wrote:
    My current experience is almost 28 years in law enforcement and I know of very few departments that have policies prohibiting vehicle pursuits.
    ok, cops can't torture someone after they break in.....but a home owner can down in the basement. in the movie Pulp Fiction, Macellus Wallace ( Ving Rhames ) talks about the use of a blow torch & a pair of pliers getting Medieval:what:

Only if you could torture someone after they break in..too bad we can't ..that would be fun...when your all done call the cops.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    pkbites wrote:
    ok, cops can't torture someone after they break in.....but a home owner can down in the basement. in the movie Pulp Fiction, Macellus Wallace ( Ving Rhames ) talks about the use of a blow torch & a pair of pliers getting Medieval:what:

Only if you could torture someone after they break in..too bad we can't ..that would be fun...when your all done call the cops.

Would letting 2 German Shepherds have their way with a burglar be considered torture?
    They would just be doing there job be detaining the perp until the sheriff arrived.

Maybe pouring some Pyrodex on the guy and flipping matches at him while I am waiting could be fun?
    Or trying out some of the concentrated african capsicum extract on the guy, it is rated at near 5-Mil scovilles. And I have a quart of the stuff.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    pkbites wrote:

Would letting 2 German Shepherds have their way with a burglar be considered torture?
    They would just be doing there job be detaining the perp until the sheriff arrived.

Maybe pouring some Pyrodex on the guy and flipping matches at him while I am waiting could be fun?
    Or trying out some of the concentrated african capsicum extract on the guy, it is rated at near 5-Mil scovilles. And I have a quart of the stuff.
    lol :celebrate
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Landose_theghost wrote:
    I saw a sign at an antique mall back in Kansas that had a picture of a revolver and the inscription "If you are found here tonight you will be found here in the morning." I got a chuckle out of that.

McX

Post imported post

well, i took the sign down, giving the bad guys a sporting chance to find a different house to rob. or be surprised unpleasantly at mine. maybe rob one of my politically correct neighbors? in any event, even if they did get robbed, and i witnessed it, i couldn't go to help, as the street is a school zone. did find a nice spot to hide my home gun, took advice from the forum members; to think outside the box on a spot in the bedroom. found me a nice spot, that dispenses no less. keep the mag with me, so the gun is a brick to anyone else. still, would love to stand at the edge of my property, and call across the street to one of my simpering, politically correct neighbors; sorry dude, school zone, can't enter, you want me to call 911 for ya?

McX

Post imported post

so in summary, i take comfort from the words i gleaned from a rap song, one of the few songs of that type i could stomach;

i see it all crystal clear, so i keep my pistol near,
    heart's never full of fear, homey i stay well aware,
    of what's going on around me, m****er f***rs want me dead,
    so i keep a smile on my face, finish my time here.

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    so in summary, i take comfort from the words i gleaned from a rap song, one of the few songs of that type i could stomach;

i see it all crystal clear, so i keep my pistol near,
    heart's never full of fear, homey i stay well aware,
    of what's going on around me, m****er f***rs want me dead,
    so i keep a smile on my face, finish my time here.

ROFLMAO........holly **** i got tears in my eyes i'm laughing so hard. I can see you listening to rap about as much as i could see some of your neighbors listening to country music. LOL

McX

Post imported post

i hate country music, if you play it backwards the guy's truck, dog, shotgun and wife all come back to him. i'm stuck listening to all kinds of music i usually don't with my son at the shop, and him controlling the radio. i now know who snoop dogg is.

McX

Post imported post

so anyway, have you tracked down the song i was quoting from scorpio? time for another quote; going to keep this glock on my waist till my dyin day, ain't nothin but a cheap thang say g-unit, and doctor dre.

i would presume that doctor dre is not a legitimate doctor of medicine, and i didn't think that glocks were cheap, hipoints maybe, you know you never hear any mention of hipoints in the songs.
    maybe we should start a thread; pro-gun songs?

Post imported post

no i haven't actually tracked it down.

believe it or not, i like/dislike music based on beat/sound. i very very rarely actually "hear" the lyrics, let alone even memorize them.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Remind me to ask about your bbq ingredients at the next AV picnic. <g>

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    so anyway, have you tracked down the song i was quoting from scorpio? time for another quote; going to keep this glock on my waist till my dyin day, ain't nothin but a cheap thang say g-unit, and doctor dre.

i would presume that doctor dre is not a legitimate doctor of medicine, and i didn't think that glocks were cheap, hipoints maybe, you know you never hear any mention of hipoints in the songs.
    maybe we should start a thread; pro-gun songs?
    I dig it. Check out the song "I Gave You Power" by Nas. Not really pro-gun at all, but interesting none the less:

"I seen some cold nights and bloody days
    They grab me and bullets spray
    They use me wrong so I sing this song 'til this day
    My body is cold steel for real
    I was made to kill, that's why they keep me concealed
    Under car seats they sneak me in clubs
    Been in the hands of mad thugs
    They feed me when they load me with mad slugs."

McX

Post imported post

right on kansas, everybody got one. it's like when you see an article about guns, you stop and read, find something for you to take out of it for you, same with music. some of the crap the kid plays goes in one ear, and out my other. but some sometimes sticks.