• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave it in the car for the first time

TylerEMT

imported post

I was visiting scottsdale and a friend of mine was getting a tattoo. I was with her getting all set up and in the shop about 10 minutes. One of the tattoo artist then noticed my gun and looked up at me and said "Way not ok in this shop." I looked at him and said "I'm sorry?" he then told me that a gun was never ok in this shop and to get rid of it. "I then said, ok we'll get this somewhere else then." The artist then told me they'd charge me $50 because he had already set up and if we left they'd call the police for not paying. He told meI needed to not make a big deal out of not being able to be cool without my gun. I went and put my gun in my car. When I was coming back into the shop the artist was telling the client he was working on about how the shop was basically a shooting gallery if I wanted to kill everyone and he couldn't beleive I was such a "douchbag"(his words). When he noticed I was back inside he told me that he'd never come to my house with a gun, so why would it ever be ok for me to go to his shop with one. I decided to wait outside at this point. I've OC'd at several tattoo shops and never had a problem. This one was actually right next to a gun shop. So I guess stay away from IMMORTAL ART TATTOO.:cuss:

Thoreau

imported post

Gotta love people like that... Methinks they deserve mention under the review section here too: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=IMMORTAL+ART+TATTOO&fb=1&gl=us&hq=IMMORTAL+ART+TATTOO&hnear=Phoenix,+AZ&cid=1102746678492253719&dtab=2&ei=pPgDS8eXEoTssQPKs8i-Dg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQqgUwAA

Not that a lot of people use Google or anything =)

Short of any documentation that was signed, or even some sort of sign posted in the store about the 'once we start prepping materialsyou owe usX amount' I would've told the guy where to shove the ink...

mFonz77

imported post

Likewise...I think the world needs to know what kind of "douchebags" work in a certain tattoo parlor.

Edit: And what is to say that any of the "peanuts" in the "gallery" did not have a CCW and had their own little friend? I hope you explained the "any time, any place" doctrine to that fool.

JesseL

imported post

Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family.' And anyone who objects levels the deadliest insult possible: 'I don't trust you unless you're rendered harmless'!
-L. Neil Smith

Michigander

imported post

I would have left, and I wouldn't have paid.

They can't charge you if they refuse to complete the service. It just doesn't work that way. If he tried to take it to small claims court, he'd have been laughed out of there.

Sounds like he was probably from the ease coast. :uhoh:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'd have walked out... The '$50. 'set-up' would never float. The service was never performed. The place was not posted.

'Last 'n only tat I ever got was in Hong Kong.

r6-rider

imported post

TylerEMT wrote:
the shop the artist was telling the client he was working on about how the shop was basically a shooting gallery if I wanted to kill everyone
wow! good thing he bluntly told you to put your gun back in your car than. who knows how many lives he just saved by making sure he confronted you about your weapon and then put up his invisible "no gun" wall after you left so you couldnt just go back to your car and grab it later. wish i could be that smart

Phoenix David

imported post

More likely he was a prohibited possessor. If that was me I'd have walked out on him unless I had signed a contract in advance, then I'd have just done a charge back and let him take me to small claims court

TylerEMT

imported post

The policy was posted. It said if you back out for any time after set up has begun there was a fifty dollar fee. It'd be the same as a dine and dash IMO. If the food comes to your table and then you left. BUT it might be something since he did make a request of me first. I dunno, I wasn't the one getting the tattoo anyway. I knew my friend would have supported me, but it wasn't worth getting in a fight over to me. The tat did turn out really nice too. I'll just stay up north where no one even seems to notice my gun. Big cities and guns usually make people really nervous for some reason.

Thoreau

imported post

TylerEMT wrote:
The policy was posted. It said if you back out for any time after set up has begun there was a fifty dollar fee. It'd be the same as a dine and dash IMO. If the food comes to your table and then you left. BUT it might be something since he did make a request of me first. I dunno, I wasn't the one getting the tattoo anyway. I knew my friend would have supported me, but it wasn't worth getting in a fight over to me. The tat did turn out really nice too. I'll just stay up north where no one even seems to notice my gun. Big cities and guns usually make people really nervous for some reason.

The difference between this and a dine and dash is that THEY changed the terms, not you. By changing the terms they broke any possible contract that was in place freeing you/your friend of all obligation.

As far as the north vs. big city thing, I've actually experienced the exact opposite. Yesterday, OCing at Subway just a few miles north of thattattoo shop, not even a blink during the lunch rush. OCing at a Fry's (or other grocery store, can't recall) in Flagstaff while stopping over on the way to the Grand Canyon, stares galore. Maybe it's just some kinda wierd fish-out-of-water thing =)

Edit: Unrelated, but does anyone else think that 'immortal' art is a bad name for a tattoo shop? I mean, if anything, THEIR art is the very definition of *mortal* in that it gets to die with the human canvas. Unless of course you're planning on being embalmed, hehe.

RJ

Banned
imported post

Yeah, I think I'd told him to piss up a rope.
Fees are only good if you can collect them.
They preyed on your fear of getting in trouble with the Law.

I'm gonna post the shops name on a couple other sites and not gun friendly.
Rj

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Phoenix David wrote:
More likely he was a prohibited possessor.  If that was me I'd have walked out on him unless I had signed a contract in advance, then I'd have just done a charge back and let him take me to small claims court
Yup. That's how I would do it.

I'd let him call the cops, and I'd get a chargeback if he already had my card number.

He's the one who wants to play games.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thoreau wrote:
The difference between this and a dine and dash is that THEY changed the terms, not you.  By changing the terms they broke any possible contract that was in place freeing you/your friend of all obligation.
This. Unless it was posted "No guns!" right next to the other policy posting.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Thoreau wrote:
TylerEMT wrote:

The difference between this and a dine and dash is that THEY changed the terms, not you. By changing the terms they broke any possible contract that was in place freeing you/your friend of all obligation.

Edit: Unrelated, but does anyone else think that 'immortal' art is a bad name for a tattoo shop? I mean, if anything, THEIR art is the very definition of *mortal* in that it gets to die with the human canvas. Unless of course you're planning on being embalmed, hehe.
+1
If they bring the food but tell you you must eat it in the ladies room, which because
of the 'guns' you can't enter. You have not breached they have. When the police show you tell them you have been trespassed from going inside to fulfill your contract. They can't have it both ways. But if it makes his hands shake, do you really
want the tattoo?

As for the immortal.... Ever hear of 'Lamp Shades". Those tattoo'd individuals also
disarmed.
It is just terrible that you can't boycott a once in a lifetime purchase that often,
but no weapons must cut down on the artwork options a lot.:shock:

r6-rider

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
no weapons must cut down on the artwork options a lot.:shock:
yes, very much so

ASU has literally transformed tempe into one of the biggest hippie cities iv ever lived in and with CA invading due to cheaper housing we are getting hit by alot of antis

every tattoo shop iv been to in tempe has a sign posted. i asked a guy one time why theres a sign he said "cause i dont want someone getting mad at my artwork than coming back to shoot me"

the sheer stupidity of these hippies will never seize to amaze me

Thoreau

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
SlackwareRobert wrote:
no weapons must cut down on the artwork options a lot.:shock:
yes, very much so

ASU has literally transformed tempe into one of the biggest hippie cities iv ever lived in and with CA invading due to cheaper housing we are getting hit by alot of antis

every tattoo shop iv been to in tempe has a sign posted. i asked a guy one time why theres a sign he said "cause i dont want someone getting mad at my artwork than coming back to shoot me"

the sheer stupidity of these hippies will never seize to amaze me
Time for a Mill Ave. open carry gathering? =)

r6-rider

imported post

oh man that would defiantly be something i would come too. talk about some scared hippies haha plus the police station is right there on 3rd (i think) so cop activity would be resolved very quickly. which is good i think cause when they see cops walk up, talk to us, and walk away thatll drive them even more crazy