• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave it in the car for the first time

The Big Guy

imported post

I think any cop called to the scene would tell the shop owner to take it to court, that itis a civil matter. You would not be leaving the shop with anything tangible. No work was completed just simple breach of contract. No theft occured which would be the only thing a Peace Officer would be involved in.

rc4life

imported post

I would have grabed the first pen and papper in sight, wrote down my name, info on my car and license plate number and told him to call the cops Im leaving.

protector84

imported post

I take my rights very seriously. There is a law called "theft of service" but in order for the criminal charges to be brought, an actual service had to have been rendered. I also would have not paid the money and simply left and told them to "call the cops." I have a dispute that has been going on lately against a nightclub I used to go to. The stupid staff members as well as the manager have repeatedly told me that I'm not allowed to be around their bar with a firearm and that they will call the police. I occasionally will car pool and pick up a friend or two who probably shouldn't drive and get a bite to eat at a restaurant and then return them to their cars. Needless to say, no private property owner can tell a person what to do on the public property near their restaurant/bar/store. So I told the idiots to "F...off and call the cops for all I care." Stupid antis. This kind of stuff makes me want to deliberately go for an "evening walk" by the place with an AK-47 over my shoulder. If people want to play stupid games, they need to understand who they are playing them against because I don't tolerate my rights being trampled on.

Pace

imported post

The only charge you can be charged with is failing to pay for services, which is after the service. I would have told him to call the police, and wait.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rc4life wrote:
I would have grabed the first pen and papper in sight, wrote down my name, info on my car and license plate number and told him to call the cops Im leaving.
Hell yes. What that bitch did was pure extortion. He can 'set up' anything he wants. If he is going to spring the 'Get out you're an inferior' thing AFTERWARDS; he was clearly planning it from the moment you walked in the door.