Thread: Slidell OC event

Slidell, La

Post imported post

See out thread in the La forum at

There will be an open carry litter pickup in Slidell on November 21th, at 9am. Anyone from the MS coast area or up I-59 that are interested, please come join in the event. The meet up will be at the Slidell Hobby Lobby parking lot. The goal of this litter pickup is to promote public awareness about open carry and community service clean up.

Where: Slidell La, 1555 Gause Blvd, front of the parking lot near Gause Blvd. (about 2 blocks from I-10)
    When: November 21th, 9a.m. till Noon
    What to bring: trash grabbers (the stick with the pinchers on the end), walking shoes, your choice of sidearm and holster, drinks, video cameras
    Will be provided: trash bags, disposable latex gloves

Suwannee County, FL

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Why are SOME OC'ers so fixated on picking up other people's trash?
    Politically, it is a good move. Also, just being a decent person....

Politically, it's pretty hard for the Brady's to cite the event as something to wet panties and hide under the bed for.

I pick up some other peoples' junk. So? Being aware of it or not, virtually every waking moment of every human being's life is spent dealing with the consequences of other irresponsible/arrogant peoples' actions. One more isn't that big of a deal.

Especially if you can show up the Brady's, who don't do crap for anyone but themselves. Seems like a good enough reason to roll out of bed as any other.

Someone has to do it. The ****** bags who profit from it sure won't, they're the ones who trashed the place to begin with...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.