• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Slidell OC event

Slidell Jim

imported post

See out thread in the La forum at
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum26/34050.html

There will be an open carry litter pickup in Slidell on November 21th, at 9am. Anyone from the MS coast area or up I-59 that are interested, please come join in the event. The meet up will be at the Slidell Hobby Lobby parking lot. The goal of this litter pickup is to promote public awareness about open carry and community service clean up.

Where: Slidell La, 1555 Gause Blvd, front of the parking lot near Gause Blvd. (about 2 blocks from I-10)
When: November 21th, 9a.m. till Noon
What to bring: trash grabbers (the stick with the pinchers on the end), walking shoes, your choice of sidearm and holster, drinks, video cameras
Will be provided: trash bags, disposable latex gloves

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Why are SOME OC'ers so fixated on picking up other people's trash?
Politically, it is a good move. Also, just being a decent person....

Politically, it's pretty hard for the Brady's to cite the event as something to wet panties and hide under the bed for.

I pick up some other peoples' junk. So? Being aware of it or not, virtually every waking moment of every human being's life is spent dealing with the consequences of other irresponsible/arrogant peoples' actions. One more isn't that big of a deal.

Especially if you can show up the Brady's, who don't do crap for anyone but themselves. Seems like a good enough reason to roll out of bed as any other.

Someone has to do it. The douche bags who profit from it sure won't, they're the ones who trashed the place to begin with...