Thread: Sharis

Post imported post

My girlfriend and I went to the Sharis here in University Place at about 10:30PM. I entered the building wearing my jacket which was covering my firearm and took off my jacket when I was seated.

I didn't hear anything much other than a few girls that were seated 20 ft away and had a perfect view of my right side said, "does he know his shirt is pulled up?"

Didn't notice anything from the employees, two females, but I have seen them before and the server knew my girlfriend from college classes they had together. They might have been talking about it but didn't say anything to me.

All in all, for the first time officially OCing, it was much uneventful. I think it helped that I was with my girlfriend and the servers on duty had seen us in there many times before.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Right on. You will find there are more people supportive of it than you would think, like the girls assuming you were cc'ing and thought your shirt was up.

It does help when you are with freinds and family, I find people leave me alone more, and I get asked nicer questions. I think it comforts folks to know you aren't a lone mad man.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

We had a big great together at the Shari's here in Port Orchard a lil while back, they were very gracious hosts and it was a fun event.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Swatspyder,

congratulations,:celebrate way to go. It was a good idea to OC for the 1st time somewhere where you were known. Keep up the good work. I agree with SVG there are a lot more people that support OC than we know.

I have been OCing almost daily for the last 10 months give or take and have yet to have any reaction stronger than an ugly look.

I had a lady at the Shell station ask if my weapon was real and when I said yes she leaned across the counter and said I dont blame you one little bit.

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

What are you OCing?

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    What are you OCing?
    A Sig P232. It's my dad's, but he is letting me carry that since I don't have the funds to purchase a 1911 right now. I may end up buying the one he has when I am able to. He is switching over to a H&K USP .40, and retiring his SA 1911.

Post imported post

And get this...

2 houses down from mine had their cars broken into last night...

It was some time in the late night, early morning hours.

Post imported post

AND YOU DIDN'T SHOOT HIM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD?:celebrate

Post imported post

Shari's is great. I never have a problem there.

I also tip pretty good, that might help...
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill