• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sharis

swatspyder

imported post

My girlfriend and I went to the Sharis here in University Place at about 10:30PM. I entered the building wearing my jacket which was covering my firearm and took off my jacket when I was seated.

I didn't hear anything much other than a few girls that were seated 20 ft away and had a perfect view of my right side said, "does he know his shirt is pulled up?"

Didn't notice anything from the employees, two females, but I have seen them before and the server knew my girlfriend from college classes they had together. They might have been talking about it but didn't say anything to me.

All in all, for the first time officially OCing, it was much uneventful. I think it helped that I was with my girlfriend and the servers on duty had seen us in there many times before. :cool:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Right on. You will find there are more people supportive of it than you would think, like the girls assuming you were cc'ing and thought your shirt was up.

It does help when you are with freinds and family, I find people leave me alone more, and I get asked nicer questions. I think it comforts folks to know you aren't a lone mad man.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Swatspyder,

congratulations,:celebrate way to go. It was a good idea to OC for the 1st time somewhere where you were known. Keep up the good work. I agree with SVG there are a lot more people that support OC than we know.

I have been OCing almost daily for the last 10 months give or take and have yet to have any reaction stronger than an ugly look.

I had a lady at the Shell station ask if my weapon was real and when I said yes she leaned across the counter and said I dont blame you one little bit.

Orphan

swatspyder

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
What are you OCing?
A Sig P232. It's my dad's, but he is letting me carry that since I don't have the funds to purchase a 1911 right now. I may end up buying the one he has when I am able to. He is switching over to a H&K USP .40, and retiring his SA 1911.