• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Typical Norfolk Va Police dept

surfacewarrior

imported post

sat.night my two sons and daughterinlaw were coming back from dinner going down Ball ave (Bromley) and had to go around three yahoos standing in the middle of the rd, when they got home on Hartford (Bromley) these thre yahoos pulled up behind them and saidmy boys tried to run them over, boys said they were wrong and the yahoos would not let it go, my boys wre getting ready to engage two of the yahoos in fisticuffs when the other yahoo pulled a gun from under a bush across the street who then brandished it at my wife and daughterinlaw who now got in between gunman and son,s 911 was called, cop came and got lic plate from van as it drove away but did nothing else, daughter called sgt. who said we had to post property andwrite letter to yahoos to not come around again, I am in alabama, wife is visiting norfolk for thanksgiving, we lived there 25 years with no incidents, why is it that the police can arrest a peacefull open carry at waterside and of get jammed up the bung ho in court (payment in lawsuit) , but can/will not do anything in this incident?

needless to say i was pretty ticked off and needed to step out the back door here in rural bama and light off 4 30 round mags on my ak, cheaper than going to anger management at watering hole (vfw)

Thundar

imported post

SWO,

Norfolk can be a very dangerous place. Most police in the city are good, but a few are stupid antis. Laws do not let them arrest for brandishing unless they witness the brandishing, a Class I Misdemeanor.

Getting ready to engage in fisticuffs in Norfolk is not a good idea. Your family brought fists to a gunfight (Play on bringing a knife to a gunfight). Forewarned is forearmed.

Fortunately your family was not physically harmed.

Live Free or Die,

Thundar

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It is my understanding that a LEO can arrest for a felony that he has not witnessed.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
It is my understanding that a LEO can arrest for a felony that he has not witnessed.

Yata hey
You understand correctly, although it is always better to obtain a warrant unless circumstances requiring swift action exist.
Gangbangers (possibly felons) threatening someone with serious bodily harm with a gun would seem to me to warrant swift action. ymmv.

Yata hey