• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bryan Suits KFI AM 640 discusses UOC tonight (7-10 pm)

demnogis

imported post

Ah, the "They're trying to entrap us!" argument against.

Simple rule... Don't do anything that unlawfully violates a person's rights and they shouldn't have anything to worry about, right?

Keep in mind, there have been NO lawsuits in CA on 4A/2A violations this year in regards to OC. Where are these lawsuits the LEAs are so afraid of????

coolusername2007

imported post

Not a good round if you ask me. If you're a cop and you're reading this...we don't audio and video record to "entrap" you. We audio and video record to protect our rights!!! There is a difference! In a court of law your word is golden, ours is not, we need proof. If you fear entrapment, then don't e-check us...it is OPTIONAL.

ETA: And NO, we don't have a chip on our shoulder. We say things like "We don't consent to searches" and "No, we won't identify ourselves" because these are our measures of protections from being unfairly prosecuted and persecuted. We seek to re-educate the public that guns are not bad, but would rather not need to lawyer up to do so.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

It pains me to think that the CRPA guy promoted the idea that by asserting our fourth amendment rights that we're trying to somehow trick police officers into violating our rights. I walk around the city all the time and nobody has tricked me into violating their rights yet. Maybe I'm just too clever for them.

I'll cross CRPA off the list of gun advocacy groups I'll consider giving money to.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

I find it amusing that the perceived threat of a lawsuit seems to be what is motivating police departments to abide by the laws!

So, if there were no perceived threat of a lawsuit, we could conclude that LEO would continue to break the laws!

I don't think that they have anything to cry about.

coolusername2007

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
It pains me to think that the CRPA guy promoted the idea that by asserting our fourth amendment rights that we're trying to somehow trick police officers into violating our rights. I walk around the city all the time and nobody has tricked me into violating their rights yet. Maybe I'm just too clever for them.

I'll cross CRPA off the list of gun advocacy groups I'll consider giving money to.
Yeah I tried to get through just because of his call. I wasn't planning on calling in before his call. I so wanted to rebut virtually everthing he said. Vote with your dollar...give to those who support ALL gun rights, not just the one's they think the lamestream media, politicians, and uneducated will find palatable.

coolusername2007

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I find it amusing that the perceived threat of a lawsuit seems to be what is motivating police departments to abide by the laws!

So, if there were no perceived threat of a lawsuit, we could conclude that LEO would continue to break the laws!

I don't think that they have anything to cry about.
Yeah, departmental and personal accountability...that's a really bad idea. For the record at none of our 3 monthly meetups has our group everbeen surrounded by 5 or 6 police officers, or even contacted by a single officer. In fact at our meetups we have gone out of our way to insure there isn't any waste of emergencyresources by notifying them in advance.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:

Yeah I tried to get through just because of his call. I wasn't planning on calling in before his call. I so wanted to rebut virtually everthing he said. Vote with your dollar...give to those who support ALL gun rights, not just the one's they think the lamestream media, politicians, and uneducated will find palatable.
Frak, is there ANY ONE that fits that criteria? It seems like I've seen selectivity complaints about almost all gun rights orgs. May be safer just donating thousands directly to Alan Gura and letting him know he can earn interest on the money until we are specifically targeted for government persecution and need to retain his counsel.

cato

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
MudCamper wrote:
The anti-OC LEO/CRPA-VP is posting over on calguns:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3385870#post3385870

Let him and the CRPA know how you feel.
That link doesn't work for me. Was it taken down?

Yes it was. Don't know the full reason but I suspect I was to keep the issue from becoming more divisive. I rather enjoyed the exchange. Closing it might have beenfor the best however I wish he'd given an apology and left it at that. Maybe he's familiar with this site and will do so?

I suspect the individual who screwed up on the radio learned a bit of a lesson on media relations and speaking off the cuff without prepared talking points.

I also hope his knowledge of the OC community was correctly expanded and prior misconceptions unfounded. It is possible he took offence to the disagreement but I hope he will do his research and be better informed on OC in the future even if it is not his personal carry choice in order to better represent the diverse CRPA membership.

wewd

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:

I'll give you the Cliffs Notes version. He threw UOCers under the bus on the radio and didn't apologize for it, and stirred up a hornets nest of s***. He tried to downplay what he said but nobody was buying it. Several people recalled their CRPA memberships since he is the VP of that org. I didn't see the end of the thread. Lots of strong opinions on display. I was glad to see that there is more of a pro-OC presence on Calguns than I had previously thought.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

wewd wrote:
Sons of Liberty wrote:

I'll give you the Cliffs Notes version. He threw UOCers under the bus on the radio and didn't apologize for it, and stirred up a hornets nest of s***. He tried to downplay what he said but nobody was buying it. Several people recalled their CRPA memberships since he is the VP of that org. I didn't see the end of the thread. Lots of strong opinions on display. I was glad to see that there is more of a pro-OC presence on Calguns than I had previously thought.
Wow?! :shock:

cato

imported post

wewd wrote:
Several people recalled their CRPA memberships since he is the VP of that org.

There is no need for this. CRPA is transitioning into more of a Rights organizationand therewill some issues from time to time. But they are OUR state wide organization and NRA affiliate. Their resources and politicalmuscle (yes mostly shooters and hunters)will be invaluable in the coming years legal fights. If you want them to be more reflective of our view point get involved and stay involved.

And if your not a member JOIN!