• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st time questiond about OC 2Xs in one night!!

Sparky508

imported post

I've been carrying for quite some time now, both openly and concealed. Never had any interaction with anyone, other than the whispers from across the way or maybe a funny look now and then. Ive never been asked to leave a store, or anything. So last night was really exciting for me.

Last night at Graham Circle K the gal behind the counter says, "Oh my God! He has a gun! And hes not even trying to hide it!"

I told her that I come in here at least once a week, andthan asked her if this was really the first time she noticed. I got asked the are you a cop line, and the licensing question, the ones I've read hear a thousand times, and answered both questions very politely.

Her partner said that her boyfriend wanted a gun, I handed her my business card and told her to have him give me a call, I could take them out for some range time, and maybe even accompany them to a reputable dealer. We talked about the law for a bit, and they asked if I would show up at the beginning of there shift and stay to the end to keep out all the punks. That was good for a laugh and some more conversation.

The second stop was to GrahamFred Meyer to pick up a couple of things. The sweetest old gal was running the register, and she says, "Oh my, is that real?" cranes to look and says,"Oh it is...are you a policeman?"

Same responses for her,"No ma'am." We talked for a bit, about how she would like to get one, but can't carry at work and all. She commented about how polite I was, that I must be from the South.

It was a great evening, being able to talk with some folks about carrying openly and getting very awesome responses in both cases.I do feel a bit guilty for holding up the lines at Fred Meyer and at the Circle K. I think the people behind me at Fred Meyer were getting a little impatient.

Best of all I think was that my 16 yr old son was able to see how the whole thing came together, and watch all the interaction between everyone. Usually he just tells me later, "Dad, that guy was staring at you really hard." or "I think you really scared that little kid." It was really cool to feel like I finally reached out to some people.

SigPacker

imported post

Good for you there bud! I can imagine there are far and few between who would argue with a person who openly carries a gun about his right to, although there have been - in reality there aren't all that many considering everyone's interactions with the public here on a daily basis, I would say a small percentage have run into any issues.

These stories of ones who successfully do makes it far more comfortable for me as well. Thank You for sharing!

SP

kito109654

imported post

Thanks for sharing, that is encouraging. I've only just begun carrying but so far it has been nothing but polite and positive encounters just like yours. Hopefully it will stay that way. :)

sempercarry

imported post

Nicely done.....That is number 3 on my list of why I open carry.....starting a 2aconversation, educating people on their rights and disspelling some of the myths out there. Sounds like you gave a pretty good first impression on OCers.:)