• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help with Greenfield Council

bigdaddy1

imported post

There is a meeting scheduled next month (Dec) to discuss the banning of weapons on city park property. The chief of police and head of the parks dept will both be there. If anyone can be there it would make a good showing.

I also remember a while back reading about how it is not the police's responsibility to protect any individual. I cant find that article. If someone can find that please post it or a link.

AaronS

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
There is a meeting scheduled next month (Dec) to discuss the banning of weapons on city park property. The chief of police and head of the parks dept will both be there. If anyone can be there it would make a good showing.

I also remember a while back reading about how it is not the police's responsibility to protect any individual. I cant find that article. If someone can find that please post it or a link.

I think this might help.

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kasler-protection.html

Geoff

imported post

Wow, I haven't read that article before. That is kind of scary. I knew I couldn't count on the police to stop a crime in progress, but for them to actually refuse is ridiculous.

g