• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nat'l Day of Outrage - Rev Al Sharpton's Group To Protest Action Impact Gun Shop

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Yes, I just confirmed date, time and location.
They are planning on being at

Action Impact Gun Shop
25992 W. 8 Mile Road
Southfield, MI

Monday, November 23rd 2009 at 2:00pm

http://www.nationalactionnetwork.net/media-info/in-the-news/195-natl-day-of-outrage-locations-and-contact-info.html

sharpton_and_obama0262.jpg

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

WTF?

How can anyone with an IQat or in excess75 take this ass-clown seriously?
They plan on boycotting firearm retailers because of what? and why?

How many of these firearms that were usedduring the commission of a crime were legally purchased by the person using them?

Should we all get together and boycott stationery retailersbecause we may have spelled a word wrong while using a pen or pencil? it is at the same level of the Rev's thinking.

My point being;
Blaming murderous behavior by violent uneducated, low-IQ individuals on a firearm is absolutely moronic! But when you are pandering to people with intelligence levels which are sub-moronic, I guess it works.

I have typed 5-6 different paragraphs that I have also deleted because I am left speechless by this clowns intentions and reasons for them.
Maybe he needs to re-examine the situation a little more and place the blame where the blame resides. It is not the inanimate object causing problems, it is the criminal that possesses that inanimate object.

mikestilly

imported post

COUNTER PROTEST ANYONE?? That's not far from my work. I'd be willing to open carry and counter protest if I had a group with me :) Lets see if we can get a bigger turn out then his group of clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mastiff69

imported post

So why is al protesting at the gun shop ?

he seems to be protesting in area's that make no sense, unless i am to tired and missed something on his web site ?

He's protesting at a funeral parlor also?

And what the f--k is he even protesting about, is his donations running low because of the recession that we are in ?

Cabman i will go if i am not working etc.. Battle creek

Michigander

imported post

Has anyone contacted the shop itself? I would like to know what they want. If they would like us to be there to counter protest, I will do what I have to to make it.

And assuming theywant us there, I suggest MOC sends out press releases declaring an intention to have members show up in counter protest.

Even if the shop doesn't want us there, we could stand around outside while they are there. Maybe even conduct a litter clean up or something. :celebrate

Michigander

imported post

I have contacted Mark Cortis about this. For those who don't know, he's the non government worker on the Oakland County Gun Board, and he's also a 20 year CPLteacher, as well as a Pastor.

He intends to show up in dressed up in his Pastor gear, and he hopes to be able to answer reporters questions if any show up. He also wants to bring other CPL teachers he works with.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Anyone know what they are protesting? I'd like to make a sign ..
Make a sign in agreement. "Gun Owners Against Criminals With Guns!"

See, they're against ALL guns. We're against bad guys with guns.

That's the main difference.

mastiff69

imported post

There protecting, anything that will make them money, als got to be in the spot light some where, that way the donations keep rolling in to help support his mission (to fill his bank account) i mean to justify his paycheck.

If he would put as much effort into really helping people, and not the cause of the moment, than he would be an asset to the human race......

How about a sign sayingEnforce the laws we have

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This was just posted on MGO:

I just spoke to Bill, he is coordinating this event with Sharpton's people. Not sure if Al is going to show up.

The message is about gun violence and how to stop it. Such as CPL classes and gun safety courses.

He said at anytime, they turn this press conference into an anti gun protest, he will throw them out. The contact lady is to meet with him tomorrow at 9am. If any member of the executive committee wants to join them, he said they are welcome. Just call him before hand. @ (248 ) 799-7300.

This is supposed to be a gun safety press conference, not an anti violence protest. If you want to open carry, please be aware that there is a sign on the door that all guns must be covered when in the building.
I don't know if Bill will enforce it that day. He wants to give the image that we who choose to carry are responsible gun owners and do not promote gun violence. We are not a bunch of rednecks that want to shoot at anything that moves.

I agree with him that, this would be a great forum to get the point across about personal responsibility and gun ownership. If after the meeting tomorrow, Bill feels like it might be an ambush, he will not let them in and will close the doors for the day.

I'm going up there in a few minutes... will report back.

mastiff69

imported post

I just spoke with a lady at the gun shop and "she said"

(that the owner went down to the police station, and when he got back, he said that the rally won't be happening here)

So i don't know ??

***Could somebody confirm this, that knows the owner***