• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nat'l Day of Outrage - Rev Al Sharpton's Group To Protest Action Impact Gun Shop

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Important update!!!

I called the person organizing the rally and pretended I wanted to go so I could get some information...

The protest WILL NOT TAKE PLACE AT ACTION IMPACT

The protest WILL BE TAKING PLACE AT:

RIB RACK RESTAURANT
Southfield Road between 11 and 12 Mile
28601 Southfield Road, Lathrup Village, MI 48033

ON

November 23rd

AT

2:00pm

oakland_county_nan001001.jpg

http://www.oaklandcountynan.com

Ribs for lunch on Monday anyone?

EDIT: To answer the question about what is being protested, there was a botched robbery there where a young female manager was shot and killed. So yes, I think perhaps a 'guns save lives' sign may be appropriate.

Michigander

imported post

We should think very carefully about how we'll protest their protest. By keeping things probably quiet and low key in a restaurant, they'll be more able to try to make us look like bullies for being publicly against them.

That is why I suggest we stay away from them, provided they don't do anything more than eat and talk. Going in there with them would be no more polite than them barging in on us when we're having a fall or winter dine in. If they had a Lansing rally in front of the capitol building, or something similarly intensive, it would be different. The only reason I even think this is worth taking action on is that it's being sponsored by Al Sharpton.

Instead of being there near them, maybe we could hold up signs in front of the shop or something and send out press releases about why we're doing it?

Zigziggityzoo said a great line, which I seem to remember was that we're a non confrontational group. I don't think it's always true, but it should be here.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

OK here's the plan. Mark Cortis of Wild West Academy knows the owners of Action Impact...

so what we're going to do is, even though the Sharpton protest is not at the gun shop, the counter protest, that is, us with pro-gun signs and such, are going to meet at Action Impact on 8 mile at 11am tomorrow morning.

This is Monday November 23rd at 11am, bring a sign if you wish but keep it clean, we want to have a positive image.

let me know fast if this is going to be a problem

Michigander

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
OK here's the plan. Mark Cortis of Wild West Academy knows the owners of Action Impact...

so what we're going to do is, even though the Sharpton protest is not at the gun shop, the counter protest, that is, us with pro-gun signs and such, are going to meet at Action Impact on 8 mile at 11am tomorrow morning.

This is Monday November 23rd at 11am, bring a sign if you wish but keep it clean, we want to have a positive image.

let me know fast if this is going to be a problem
This was the plan when I told EC to post this, but a few things have changed. My apologies to everyone for the confusion. I have been very busy all day working, and have been playing phone tag with EC and Mark.

Because of the fact that it doesn't appear they are doing a serious protest, and because of the fact we don't have planned press coverage, because of the fact that I don't believe we've even got Action Impact to say they want us there, and because of the fact that Mark has other things to do that are fairly important, I told Mark he should probably go do what he needs to do in the morning before he goes and teaches his class. He told me he's had to teach 13 days out of the past 2 weeks. :what:

All that said, I am still up for doing whatever you guys want. One thing I do think we could do is go and film an interview with Action Impact, discussing the protest, and put it on our youtube channel.