Thread: OC and Weapon Retention Tools (TN & KY)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

At the recommendation of another experienced carrier, I recentlypurchased a Ka-Bar TDI knife to wear in tandem with my handgun when I OC. I intend to use the knife as a weapon retention tool. However, I'm unsure of TN's & KY's laws and perception of such a knife and I will be travelling there over Thanksgiving. Would anyone care to point me in the direction ofthe TN & KYcode on knives and/or chime in with their experiences? TIA

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Gun safes are generally regarded as the only effective weapons retention tools.

Post imported post

Neo wrote:
    At the recommendation of another experienced carrier, I recentlypurchased a Ka-Bar TDI knife to wear in tandem with my handgun when I OC. I intend to use the knife as a weapon retention tool. However, I'm unsure of TN's & KY's laws and perception of such a knife and I will be travelling there over Thanksgiving. Would anyone care to point me in the direction ofthe TN & KYcode on knives and/or chime in with their experiences? TIA
    No one has ever said anything to me. If you have a CDWL or license to conceal from another state, you can carry anything you want in the Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final