• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Green Bay Scum Bag Violates 1000 foot GFSZ

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GFSZ's don't stop crime, but they do prevent Law Abiding residents from protecting themselves.

This happened 1 block from a middle school & 4 blocks from a high school...

Police Scale Back Search After Green Bay Shooting Updated:

Thursday, November 19, 2009 By Matt Smith

Green Bay police say a person shot in an east-side neighborhood will recover, and is talking with investigators.
Police say a man in his early 20s was shot around 2:40 Thursday afternoon on the 1300-block of Crooks Street near Irwin Avenue. That's about a block away from Washington Middle School.
Police say he's hospitalized in serious condition. He told investigators he didn't know the man who shot him, and police say they have no reason to doubt his story.
We're told the shooter approached the victim outside, asked him a question, then pulled out a handgun.
Three rounds were believed to be fired, at least one of them hitting the victim.
"From the very little we've got, this shooting happened very fast," Lieutenant John Balza, Green Bay Police Department, said.
The shooter left on foot.
"We have no idea where this guy went," Balza said.
The gunman is described as a white man in his early to mid 20s, about 5'10", with an athletic build. He had dark hair and Thursday afternoon he was clean shaven and wearing a white, hooded sweatshirt.
Police consider him armed and dangerous.
"We really don't know what this guy's motive was, and from the very little we've gathered there doesn't seem to be a motive involved," Lt. Balza said.
"I don't think this is 100 percent purely random. The shooter was probably looking for something in the near vicinity -- whether it's a case of mistaken identity, the wrong address, whatever. There just isn't much to go on right now," Balza said.
Police canvassed the neighborhood, basically going door-to-door looking for the suspected shooter.
"It's a little scary not knowing what's going on and if he's still on the loose and why," a woman who lives nearby said.
While the neighborhood response team was in the area, Thursday night the active search was scaled back.

"Most of the officers I had on this are back in their regular duties. We'll continue to look, we'll continue to follow leads that get called in," Lt. Balza said.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

We're told the shooter approached the victim outside, asked him a question, then pulled out a handgun.
So what was the question?
ok, here goes....

Q. Sir, why didn't you answer the door with a loaded .45 in your hand ?
A. Because I would have went to jail for Brandishing a loaded weapon, attempted manslaugter, endangering safety & disordely conduct.

What would you do if this guy was was all you saw, standing on the other side of your peephole ?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

I noticed that GBPD was carrying mostly AR15s and the very rare scattergun around the school. Most all squads now have ARs in the front seat where thescatterguns used to ride. If they require rifles todefend against a single man armedwith a handgun, why is not not reasonable that we should be arming ourselves with concealed handguns while wego about our daily business?

Rhetorical question of course....:dude:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
I noticed that GBPD was carrying mostly AR15s and the very rare scattergun around the school. Most all squads now have ARs in the front seat where thescatterguns used to ride. If they require rifles todefend against a single man armedwith a handgun, why is not not reasonable that we should be arming ourselves with concealed handguns while wego about our daily business?

Rhetorical question of course....:dude:
I agree 100 % ....

protias

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

So what was the question?
ok, here goes....

Q. Sir, why didn't you answer the door with a loaded .45 in your hand ?
A. Because I would have went to jail for Brandishing a loaded weapon, attempted manslaugter, endangering safety & disordely conduct.

What would you do if this guy was was all you saw, standing on the other side of your peephole ?
Looks like your firearm is unloaded... :p

KBCraig

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Congratulate him on a good "thumbs high" grip, praise him for choosing a caliber that starts with "4", give him a hard time for carrying a plastic gun, and then ask him if he's right handed but left-eye dominant.

;)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Congratulate him on a good "thumbs high" grip, praise him for choosing a caliber that starts with "4", give him a hard time for carrying a plastic gun, and then ask him if he's right handed but left-eye dominant.

;)
yup, pistol was unloaded for the picture.:p ... actually I am right handed , but I shoot equally as good with my left hand , plus I can also shoot with either eye, no dominance. strange but true. so break my right arm, I will get ya with my left...poke my right eye out I will target you with my left. it's a 9mm .:) , plastic or steel, my target is just as cold.

My answer to the above question, would be.... drill holes through the door...