• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our State Legislators hard at work

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Should we buy them larger screen computers - or - a ticket home, permanently?
Nothing else need to be said. This is one of their THREE DAY WORK WEEKS that we all pay for. I am ready to start from the beginning by voting out all elected officials and not letting any of them stay in office for more than two terms. No more lifelong healthcare, retirement, voting in their own pay raises, taking perks on our taxes, etc.
House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, pictured standing, far right, speaks while colleagues Rep. Barbara Lambert, D-Milford and Rep. Jack F. Hennessy, D-Bridgeport, play solitaire Monday night as the House convened to vote on a new budget. (AP)

The guy sitting in the row in front of these two... he's on Facebook, and the guy behind Hennessy is checking out the baseball scores.

These are the folks that can't get the budget out by Oct. 1, Seriously!!! So, weve got a 30 day budget extension. Well, guess what, 30 days from now we will be in the same boat. I guess this makes it easy for the news reporters as all they have to do is recycle the same headlines from this week and from 2 years ago. And these yo-yos will still be playing SOLITAIRE!!!
I'm all for voting ALL out and start with a clean slate! Max terms and no life time benefits!!!

I realize this isn't in our state, but you have to wonder just how much of this is going on in our government and the effect it is taking.

opusd2

imported post

Oh, they are just trying to relieve the stress of their jobs! After all, wouldn't you feel all stressed out that your constituents hated you because you worked very little, against their interests, and was wondering where to take the girlfriend or boyfriend so that your spouse or significant other wouldn't find them as well as find time to appease the Governor's personal interests?

I'd be stressed, hell, I'd call in sick! But then I'd have to be out in the world where just any citizen could carry a DANGEROUS weapon and hurt my bodyguard or threaten my safety! I'd better start packing a gun in my purse/briefcase.

Ah hell, is it any wonder why there are people pissed at these idiots? And is it any wonder why they fear the transparency of their environment and why photographers are the enemy? Or at least one of them...? I think like any other job they should have to meet performance requirements and face reviews by ORDINARY citizens, not the puppets of the state...

opusd2

imported post

Can I have a job like that? I promise to bow to special interests and keep spending in order to find ways to create revenue like create laws that generate funds through fines, citations, etc...

And I'm almost certain I could slip PacMan into one of those computers to play with during session. I think I have the requirements met.