• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New To It All

kito109654

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I wanna hear about every "uneventful" OC we have in the Washington area. The more reports of uneventful OC we have here on the boards, the more comfortable new members and "lurkers" will be with the concept of OC'ing.

"Hey! Look at all these guys in my area that do it and don't have a problem! They even talked to the PD about it already! I'm so switching to OC!"

I know I've seen something similar to this at least twice on here from new members that say they were "lurking", which to me says they weren't sure about this whole "OC thing" and wanted to learn about it before being identified as a member of it. That's totally cool, since they learned about OC and ended up deciding to join us in celebrating our rights.
:celebrate

What you described was basically me, and now you've given me a reason to post and introduce myself. :D

I'm 21 and just got my CPL from Lynnwood PD one month ago (the same time I began lurking on OCDO). The process was easy and pleasant and I received my CPL only three days after being fingerprinted. I purchased a Kahr CW9 (my first pistol) and a Crossbreed Supertuck two weeks ago with the intention of carrying concealed every moment that it is legal for me to do so. The OC philosophy caught my eye from the beginning but I was strongly opposed to any attention/conflict that it might draw.

After a week or so of carrying concealedthe anxiety about OC went away, mostly due to the fact that I became sure of my knowledge ofthe applicable RCWs. I first tried the local Fred Meyer (196th) by tucking in my shirt and removing my coat. It was both exciting and nerve racking (which is embarrassing). Next I tried Walmart despite mixed results being posted here by other members.

My next opportunity to OC was on a day trip to downtown Seattle with my girlfriend and our 13 year old sisters. I open carried the whole day through the shops and arcade on the piers, Pike Place Market, Uwajimaya, etc and it went perfectly. After that I feel that my confidence is pretty much solid and now I have plans for a full-size pistol just for OC and an OWB holster for my Kahr.

I look forward to meeting some of you at local get-togethers. :)

kito109654

imported post

Thanks for the recommendation, that gun is pretty much everything I've been looking for and the price looks great for a Sig. I'll have to go feel one up at the local shop. :)

Mad Pick

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
. . . just got my CPL from Lynnwood PD . . . I received my CPL only three days after being fingerprinted. I purchased a Kahr CW9 (my first pistol) and a Crossbreed Supertuck
Three days for a CPL? Wow . . . amazing! Good for those Lynnwood folks, for not stretching it out to the full 30 days like so many other cities do.

And you bought a Kahr and a Supertuck? Good for you for recognizing quality and buying the good stuff the first time around. It will save you money in the long run, that's for sure.

kito109654

imported post

Mad Pick wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
. . . just got my CPL from Lynnwood PD . . . I received my CPL only three days after being fingerprinted. I purchased a Kahr CW9 (my first pistol) and a Crossbreed Supertuck
Three days for a CPL? Wow . . . amazing! Good for those Lynnwood folks, for not stretching it out to the full 30 days like so many other cities do.

And you bought a Kahr and a Supertuck? Good for you for recognizing quality and buying the good stuff the first time around. It will save you money in the long run, that's for sure.

Yes, I was very happy about receiving my CPL so quickly.

Thanks!I did a ton ofresearch but it really paid off; this combo is so very easy to carry. Truth be told, I'm a bit of a research junkie. I enjoy the process.