• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANOTHER CPL class?? Metro Detroit area.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
The women and I will pay for our father-in-law. I would like to pose a question. I already have my CPL, can I sit-in on the class just for fun, I would like to see a MOC CPL class.
Yes you can. The last one was fun. We had a pot-luck lunch with people bringing a dish to pass. Very informal and laid back. If you want you can help out on the range as a Range-Master.

eastmeyers

imported post

Venator wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
The women and I will pay for our father-in-law. I would like to pose a question. I already have my CPL, can I sit-in on the class just for fun, I would like to see a MOC CPL class.
Yes you can. The last one was fun. We had a pot-luck lunch with people bringing a dish to pass. Very informal and laid back. If you want you can help out on the range as a Range-Master.
I don't know how well some guys will take to a 23yo being a range"master", helping them, they may not take well to that. But if you think it'll be okay, than I am willing to help. I did shoot in the Marine Corps, and taught by the best.

Kim

imported post

I'm interested, depending on when/where. I am assuming it will be after Christmas? I'll keep checking the posts to see what has been decided.

Thanks.

SlowDog

imported post

Kim, welcome to MOC... great bunch of people on here.:lol:....can you go to your profile and put Michigan as your home state?

Michigander

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
I don't know how well some guys will take to a 23yo being a range"master", helping them, they may not take well to that. But if you think it'll be okay, than I am willing to help. I did shoot in the Marine Corps, and taught by the best.

I have never, ever met a Marine who liked guns who couldn't shoot better than 80% of gun owners. Marines seem to me to be some of the last American riflemen.

Going only by that, I have confidence that if there are any number of peoplein the classwho can't shoot well, they'll be lucky to have you there. More special attention to students on the firing line is always a good thing.

mawiod96

imported post

I would like to attend, maybe my wife too. Need date & time & location.

scot623

imported post

Looks like I would bring 2 more guys with me. Depends on the Sunday...my brother has military weekends once a month. Sooner we have a date, the better.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Well some news.

Still tentative but it looks like it will be on Sunday January 24th.

Where: Hunts with Doubles. Indoor Range. http://www.huntswithdouble.com
Danview Technology Ct.
Shelby twp, MI 48315
When: Sunday 1/24/10
Time: 8:30AM-6:30PM
Cost: $100
Instructor: Skip Coryell http://www.mwtac.com

100 Rounds of ammo. We will have some guns to rent and the range may have some as well.

Like last course we plan on a pot luck for lunch so bring a dish to share.

So how does the 24th look for people?

TylerJ87

imported post

It should work for me as long as I don't have too many projects that 3rd week of the new semester. I will call my dad tonight and confirm with him and ask if he knows anyone who wants to attend also.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Please See the Hunts With Double CPL Classin the Michigan Events Schedule Thread to confirm your statis with this event--Confirmed or Possible.

Thanks

JamesIan

imported post

I am interested in this class for my wife. I would be coming too, even though I have already completed my training (I was not impressed with my trainer's program).

I was wondering what firearms might be available for rent. I want to make sure there will be something my wife can use. My 1911 and my Redhawk are a bit much for her.

TylerJ87

imported post

so it sounds like my dad is in, he just needs to get out and practice a few times before we go to the class I have been shooting every weekend here in Kentucky, there is a range about 2 blocks away

what exactly are the qualifications for the course? I thought it was something like you have to hit an 11'' by 17'' at 15 yards 10 times or something arbitrary like that but would like to here from someone who knows

scot623

imported post

The minimum standard in Michigan as I understand it is 5 rounds into a 8.5in x 14in target at 15 feet, 3 times with no misses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Radioman

imported post

Venator wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
Hey Venator

I wouldnt mind sitting in on a good legal portion either. And I can bring a few extra guns to if anyone needs them. All would be 9mm.

Radioman

tygereye

imported post

peanutpublications wrote:
tygereye wrote:
Are there any restrictions... say, for a pregnant woman from attending, and participating to get her CPL?
Yeah...what she said...I'm very curious about this ;)
I thought you might be... I can't think of any reason why it would be a problem, but, figured I would ask... ;)