• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ANOTHER CPL class?? Metro Detroit area.

TylerJ87

imported post

scot623 wrote:
The minimum standard in Michigan as I understand it is 5 rounds into a 8.5in x 14in target at 15 feet, 3 times with no misses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
so if I practice by printing some targets on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of paper it should be good right?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

TylerJ87 wrote:
I have a Crimson Trace grip on my Glock 19, will I have to remove it to qualify or can I leave it on ?
I don't think you have to remove it. You will have it on for a self-defense situation so why not in training.

tygereye

imported post

Ok, but, I am thinking that it will be pretty noticable when she shows up... not something that will likely go unnoticed... she will be about 6 or 7 months along... If it were in the early stages, I wouldn't have asked.Don't want her to show up, and then get turned away because of her condition...

Venator

imported post

tygereye wrote:
Ok, but, I am thinking that it will be pretty noticable when she shows up... not something that will likely go unnoticed... she will be about 6 or 7 months along... If it were in the early stages, I wouldn't have asked.Don't want her to show up, and then get turned away because of her condition...

She is just a bit chunky;)

I sent an email to Mike at the range will post what he writes.

autosurgeon

imported post

You will want to have her shoot by herself and use a .22 with low velocity ammo so as to not damage the babies hearing!

Other than that I see no reason unless the range has a rule or the instructor does.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I actually had to look this up...

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/pregnancyandchildbirth/204759.html

In pertinent partand only one opinion:

Rest assured that your baby is perfectly all right. Although some babies do seem very sensitive to loud noises outside of the womb, others are much more laid back and don't seem to want to react to anything. Babies with hearing impairments will still move around like any other baby and responding to external noises is not an indicator of hearing problems.

If your baby is making ten movements a day, then this is perfectly satisfactory.Your baby will have experienced no damage to its hearing when exposed to a loud noise at 23 weeks. A baby is surrounded by fluid and its ears are often full of the protective greasy coating produced by its skin so that any loud noise heard by you would be severely muffled by the time that it reached your little one's ears.

peanutpublications

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
I actually had to look this up...

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/pregnancyandchildbirth/204759.html

In pertinent partand only one opinion:

Rest assured that your baby is perfectly all right. Although some babies do seem very sensitive to loud noises outside of the womb, others are much more laid back and don't seem to want to react to anything. Babies with hearing impairments will still move around like any other baby and responding to external noises is not an indicator of hearing problems.

If your baby is making ten movements a day, then this is perfectly satisfactory.Your baby will have experienced no damage to its hearing when exposed to a loud noise at 23 weeks. A baby is surrounded by fluid and its ears are often full of the protective greasy coating produced by its skin so that any loud noise heard by you would be severely muffled by the time that it reached your little one's ears.
That is good info to have! Although, I cracked my back the other day and the baby DEFINITELY reacted to it...

Now, Venator...

She is just a bit chunky;) I sent an email to Mike at the range will post what he writes.
Right now...I would agree with you. I might just look a little chunky, especially if I throw a sweatshirt on. You almost can't tell! But by the time the class rolls around, I'll be about 31 weeks along and it will for sure be much more noticeable :D

And for good measure, just cause I like them...
:celebrate

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Is the date set in stone for January 24th. I have 3 people interested. I just need to make sure of the date and time to let them know. I'll be coming with to sit in if that is still ok. One can never stop learning.

Venator

imported post

Since the first OC class was so successful, Skip Coryell has offered to donate all profits to MOC and SAM for a second class. I would like to seea group of28 (Maximum allowed) sign up for this class. Like last course we plan on a pot-luck for lunch so bring a dish to share.

The Class will cost $100 (a great price) and meet the state requirements for a CPL.

If you are interested Please respond here so I can get an idea of how many people would take the class.

I will need a payment by January 16[suP]th[/suP].
Make check out to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and send to:

Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
5805 High St.
Bath, MI 48808

I'll update as needed.

CONFIRMED![/b]

Where: Hunts with Doubles. Indoor range. http://www.huntswithdouble.com
Danview Technology Ct.
Shelby twp, MI 48315
When: Sunday 1/24/10
Time: 8:30AM-6:30PM
Cost: $100
Instructor: Skip Coryell
http://www.mwtac.com

100 Rounds of ammo. We will have some guns to rent and the range may have some as well. The Range will have ammo for sale and encourages student to purchase ammo on site.

Hunts With Doubles has stated this rule for ammo:
Under no circumstances are Wolf, re-loaded, re-manufactured, steel core, steel jacketed, or AP ammo, etc. ever allowed at the Range.

We have this many interested.
Pmcqueen37
Yosemite Sam’s Wife
D in Law
Maybe one more???
Eastmeyers?
Banger
TylerJ87 +1
Tygereye’s Mom??
Sister??
PDinDetroit?
Scot623 +5