Thread: open carry (duh)

Post imported post

i have a florida CWL, i am traveling through georgia soon. am i free to open carry?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

yes you can just make sure to read up on GA off limits locations etc www.georgiapacking.org

Post imported post

it says i need a georgia license to carry in order to open carry....does my florida license count?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Post imported post

Yes you can open carry with your FL license. With reciprocity you are allowed to carry in Ga under Ga's carry laws. Since OC is legal in Ga while here you can either CC or OC. Whereas if I went to FL my Ga license is honored but I HAVE to CC per FL's regulations.

Post imported post

mathar1 wrote:
    Yes you can open carry with your FL license. With reciprocity you are allowed to carry in Ga under Ga's carry laws. Since OC is legal in Ga while here you can either CC or OC. Whereas if I went to FL my Ga license is honored but I HAVE to CC per FL's regulations.
    Really? What statute is that?...Being from PA i wanna make sure i'm familiar with that one...
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

The statute number you are looking for is FL 790.053 Open Carrying of Weapons.

Post imported post

yeah you can only CC in florida with some exceptions like hunting, camping, and fishing and to and from those events.... in the florida forum here they have a letter from the park services about OC being legal doing those activities.... being close to florida(30 miles) i carry there fairly often but ive never had the chance to OC yet....

im gonna be hitting PA this week for turkeyday and will be there till the 16th in philly.. ive been on PAFOA reading up on yall laws which are pretty much nothing compared to GA's numerous off limits places hopefully our HB615 will fix that though