• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry (duh)

hammer6

imported post

i have a florida CWL, i am traveling through georgia soon. am i free to open carry?

hammer6

imported post

it says i need a georgia license to carry in order to open carry....does my florida license count?

mathar1

imported post

Yes you can open carry with your FL license. With reciprocity you are allowed to carry in Ga under Ga's carry laws. Since OC is legal in Ga while here you can either CC or OC. Whereas if I went to FL my Ga license is honored but I HAVE to CC per FL's regulations.:banghead:

mrjam2jab

imported post

mathar1 wrote:
Yes you can open carry with your FL license. With reciprocity you are allowed to carry in Ga under Ga's carry laws. Since OC is legal in Ga while here you can either CC or OC. Whereas if I went to FL my Ga license is honored but I HAVE to CC per FL's regulations.:banghead:

Really? What statute is that?...Being from PA i wanna make sure i'm familiar with that one...

mathar1

imported post

The statute number you are looking for is FL 790.053 Open Carrying of Weapons.

rmodel65

imported post

yeah you can only CC in florida with some exceptions like hunting, camping, and fishing and to and from those events.... in the florida forum here they have a letter from the park services about OC being legal doing those activities.... being close to florida(30 miles) i carry there fairly often but ive never had the chance to OC yet....

im gonna be hitting PA this week for turkeyday and will be there till the 16th in philly.. ive been on PAFOA reading up on yall laws which are pretty much nothing compared to GA's numerous off limits places hopefully our HB615 will fix that though ;)