• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Efforts to Ban Certain Guns and Ammo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This appears to be the new/revised tactic. A ban on certain types of ammunition would be just as restrictive as an direct ban of the gun.

In spite of the fact that no 5.7 has ever killed a cop, is about as powerful as a .22 mag. the antis will exploit any situation in their attempt to take away as many guns as possible from freedom loving people.

http://www.vpc.org/obamaletter.pdf

Yata hey

jeeper1

imported post

Couldja buy one for me too?

Yeah, buy me one also. They cost more than I get in a month.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Let's see.

Didn't the VT shooter use a .22 and 9mm to kill nearly 3 times as many people? Didn't hear any of these fools crying to ban those weapons.

Idiot cry babies.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Let's see.

Didn't the VT shooter use a .22 and 9mm to kill nearly 3 times as many people? Didn't hear any of these fools crying to ban those weapons.

Idiot cry babies.
I considered buying a Five seveN a few years back. Then I did research.

5.7x28 isn't much more powerful than a .22 Magnum. Pull the bullet and put in something lighter, etc... And a .22 Magnum will almost match it.

A 30 Carbine with a saboted green tip from an SS109 would be worlds nastier. A la AMT Automag III.

The so-called AP Ammo doesn't come close to the velocities needed to do it's job out of the Pistol Barrel, even if you could find and afford any of it.

I liked the P90/PS90 platform's magazine. But the ammo is a great big fail in anything else. and, it would have been very easy to design the magazine and weapon from the ground up to use .30 carbine as I have described, but they chose proprietary for obvious extortive/piratic reasons.

It's a dumb round, a dumb gun, and a dumb waste of money. Unless, you want a really expensive .22 that has a lot or ammo in a small mag. Which is the REAL reason the shooter chose it; lots of light weight ammo. He apparently subscribed to the theory of: lots of small holes > a few big holes. Or, he presumed he wasn't going to be hitting his targets well and preferred missing with small ammo and having more chances, than missing and running out.

Clearly, .22 is quite deadly. Call it a toy if you want, but the 'lesson' here is obvious, and I'm pretty sure anyone with an IQ above room temperature (not the media or the antis) already knew that...