• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas: another example of why you shouldn't talk to the police

r6-rider

imported post

now, if you fight an unlawful arrest and they add resisting arrest would that charge stick even if the other charges are settled?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

This gentleman should not only receive complete financial restitution, but additional rewards for lost time from work, and punitive damages against the police. Not to mention having his record completely erased of this questionable, if not illegal, incident.

protias

imported post

TFred wrote:
protias wrote:
That particular sub-forum requires registration to view.

TFred
bleh, forgot about that. I can't speak for him, but in the news cast, the police are not pursuing the case because there is not clear definition of what a small canister of pepper spray is. Jason has not stated if he is going to pursue legal action against department or not.

If he does, I hope he wins.

KBCraig

imported post

protias wrote:
I can't speak for him, but in the news cast, the police are not pursuing the case because there is not clear definition of what a small canister of pepper spray is.
Actually, the lack of a clear definition is why the police and DA both pursued the charges.

Thank goodness that the grand jury saw through the BS and no-billed him.

KBCraig

imported post

TFred wrote:
protias wrote:
Not just registration, but a post count of 50 before you can view.

Sheesh. That's a seriously locked down forum. I blew off all the warnings about how you'd suffer instant internet death if you discussed certain products, since I'm not interested in those things, but holy crimoli! That's just nuts to make a discussion forum so hard to access.

On the other hand --wink-wink, nudge-nudge-- a registered member could post the relevant content over here.

protias

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
protias wrote:
I can't speak for him, but in the news cast, the police are not pursuing the case because there is not clear definition of what a small canister of pepper spray is.
Actually, the lack of a clear definition is why the police and DA both pursued the charges.

Thank goodness that the grand jury saw through the BS and no-billed him.
Long week, my brain wasn't working well last night with a few adult beverages in me. Thanks for the correction.

KBCraig wrote:

On the other hand --wink-wink, nudge-nudge-- a registered member could post the relevant content over here.
I can keep you guys abreast of the situation.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
TFred wrote:
protias wrote:
Not just registration, but a post count of 50 before you can view.

Sheesh. That's a seriously locked down forum. I blew off all the warnings about how you'd suffer instant internet death if you discussed certain products, since I'm not interested in those things, but holy crimoli! That's just nuts to make a discussion forum so hard to access.

I did read that forumwhile I was deciding which measures I was going to use to protect myself from the "random tax" known as speeding tickets after getting my first ticket ever at age 42,

K-40 successfully sued the owner of that website over libel and other comments made by its members about the low-quality of their laser defense products, and It cost him a bunch of money!

After the lawsuit, he tightened up the forum so you need to be an active member to read anything good. There are some real weirdos on that forum, some or ok, but wow, some are really friggin weird, so he made them moderators!

The guy that owns it calls himself 'Radar-Roy" he is a retired Arizona cop, he sells several brands of radar detectors through the site, he also has felony charges against him for reprogramming DirecTv access cards.

BTW Ichose "Valentine-1" for my radar/laser alerting buddy,

EDITED to ADD:

I know of the guy involved in this situation, He is one of those on that that is way out there, He has videos all over youtube showing how well his laser-jamming system works,
The "2 lights behind the grill" are a laser jamming system," the Speaker behind the grill" is probably some type of radar jammer.

This was a case of 'Screw with the cops long enough, they will find a way to make life difficult" $6,200.00, is half of what this guy has cost the local police with his continual games with them. I hope we do have an active member of radardetector.net so they can post some of this guys shenanigans. He used to have a video camera mounted in his truck to show the confused looks police operating lidar units that he jammed with his set-up.

here is a link to a viewable site he is also involved with http://www.guysoflidar.com/