• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lou Dobbs for President ? Would you vote for this ultra Conservative ?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lou Dobbs mulls run for White House, Senate

By Tim Gaynor Tim Gaynor – ThuNov19, 6:32pmET PHOENIX (Reuters) –

A week after abruptly quitting his longtime job as a CNN television news host and commentator, Lou Dobbs said on Thursday he is considering career options including possible runs for the White House or U.S. Senate.
"Right now I feel exhilaration at the wide range of choices before me as to what I do next," Dobbs, whose outspoken views on immigration and other topics often angered liberals, told Reuters in a telephone interview from New York on Thursday.
Dobbs, 64, a veteran CNN anchor who had become one of the most divisive figures in U.S. broadcast journalism, announced last Wednesday he was leaving CNN after spending the better part of 30 years at the 24-hour cable news network.
He still hosts a daily radio show.
A Texas native, Dobbs has drawn fire from Latino leaders and civil rights groups for frequent on-air remarks about U.S. border control and immigration that critics saw as demonizing illegal immigrants.
He was also seen as lending credence to the "birther" conspiracy theory, whose adherents believe President Barack Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate was faked to hide a Kenyan birthplace that would make the first black U.S. president ineligible for his office.
Dobbs acknowledged his commentary also stirred friction with CNN executives.
Discussions with CNN/U.S. President Jonathan Klein made it clear Dobbs' style of combining news and opinion was untenable at the network, Dobbs said.
"They wanted to reverse direction on my show from what had been a news debate and my opinion to a middle-of-the road, as Jon Klein styled it, non-opinion show," he said.
"It was just not gratifying to me to sit there and read a news show -- and I much prefer to be more engaged."
Dobbs vowed to carry on expressing his views "fully and straightforwardly in the public arena no matter what I decide to do next."
Since his departure, some have speculated he might run as a candidate for the U.S. Senate in New Jersey, where he has a home, or even run as a third-party candidate in the 2012 U.S. presidential elections -- options he says remain on the table.
"I am ruling nothing out. ... I have come to no conclusions and no decisions," he said. "Do I seek to have some influence on public policy? Absolutely. Do I seek to represent and champion the middle class in this country and those who aspire to it? Absolutely. And I will."

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Lou Dobbs is an "ultra Conservative"? BWAHAHAHAH HO Ho ho Says who?

Believe nothing you believe or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view. (The ending clause is to excuse the invincibly ignorant.)

No damn wonder we have an ABN(never was an infantryman) Obamination for POTUS! Phuuuck!

protias

imported post

Not knowing anything about the man, I can't say one way or another until (if) he announces his intent to run.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

I wouldn't even put Lou Dobbs in the paleoconservative category for a few reasons. Lou Dobbs is just Lou Dobbs.

While I am not sure that I would vote for him for president,I wouldliketo seehim includedin the debates if he runs, unlikelyasthat is fora third party candidate, even with nationwide ballot access.

opusd2

imported post

Ted Nugent gets my vote. If he gets Sarah to run with him, they could go hunting together. Now that would be cool! Finding the new campaign trail running through the woods. They both come out of the woods, blood up to their elbows, and go up to a podium to debate with whatever Democrat was running. Just think of the intimidation factor! Or rather, the coolness factor of a couple of deer on the trucks behind them.

opusd2

imported post

I don't care if you like Palin or not. The fact is that I like her because she hunts and seems to be more normal of a person than half the morons running for office, or who have served.

The bottom line is this, Ted would be an interesting guy to have in the White House. Imagine a bunch of mounts and capes hung across the oval office, a reloading station in one corner, and shooting skeet off of the balcony. Oh, and a bunch of bow targets in both the front and back yards. And the presidential limo painted zebra stripe and converted to four wheel drive. I could just go on and on...

Maybe I am thinking more positive thoughts about the guy than he deserves, I don't know. But it is my fantasy, and I will think what I want.

AaronS

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
I don't care if you like Palin or not. The fact is that I like her because she hunts and seems to be more normal of a person than half the morons running for office, or who have served.

The bottom line is this, Ted would be an interesting guy to have in the White House. Imagine a bunch of mounts and capes hung across the oval office, a reloading station in one corner, and shooting skeet off of the balcony. Oh, and a bunch of bow targets in both the front and back yards. And the presidential limo painted zebra stripe and converted to four wheel drive. I could just go on and on...

Maybe I am thinking more positive thoughts about the guy than he deserves, I don't know. But it is my fantasy, and I will think what I want.
I am thinking Ted would need a Hummer Limo (I bet your right about the zebra stripe paint job). I don't care for Palin, but Ted gets my vote for sure. I can't wait to see his White House upgrades. I have heard him speak about the wars we are still in, and I bet he would have ended them years ago, and I also bet we would have won. I do not know what would be left of the middle east though... Ted won't play any games. The UAE would be crushed.

protias

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
Ted Nugent gets my vote.
Uncle Ted for sure. He has a lot of common sense, which it doesn't seem exists in DC at this time.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Aticket consisting of Nugent and Palin, or Palin & Nugent would get my vote!!

Both of them started with nothing and worked hard to get where they are at, and there is no questions on their country of origin.

Would the inauguration have "Wango Tango" playing through towers of speakers and amplifiers that need their own power-station to run?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Conservative Group Expels Lou Dobbs for Loving Illegal Immigrants Too Much
Posted by Tana Ganeva, AlterNet at 2:43 PM on December 3, 2009.

Poor Lou. No one ever said fulfilling your crass political ambitions would be easy.
Illegal-immigrant lover Lou Dobbs is no longer intolerant enough for theAmericans for Legal Immigration PAC, a group that used to think it'd be so awesome if Dobbs were President that they raised $660,000 in pledges to fund his run for office.ALIPAC is mad because the former CNN anchor said he endorsed legalizing undocumented immigrants -- a policy he's previously trashed as "shamnesty" -- in an interview with Telemundo two weeks ago
"Our internal polling shows that over 70% of our supporters are upset with Mr. Dobbs's comments on Telemundo is support of legalizing illegal aliens. ALIPAC opposes any path to citizenship form of Amnesty for illegal aliens currently in the US," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "Therefore we are dropping our support for Lou Dobbs and suspending the fan sites we have created."
That includes: Lou Dobbs for President.org, a website previously used to pull funding for Dobbs' Presidential ambitions, which now sports the same shaming press release featured on the AILPAC site; and the Draft Lou Dobbs for President or Senate Facebook page, where former fans can grieve the latest betrayal of regular hard-working Americans. Here are a few:

pointed out in a post following Dobbs' interview with Telemundo, his political calculations -- likely tied to a New Jersey Senate run -- are pretty likely to alienate his most fervent fans without resulting in measurable gains among non-crazy people:
That straight-talking right-populism has always been his appeal, and Dobbs' most ardent supporters lapped it up. What a sad joke it is -- sold out by their most passionate and visible champion. And how insulting it is to those fans that Dobbs even thinks he can hold onto their devotion and also try to soften his image with Latinos by going jiggly on the very issue on which his' hard-line stance has long defined him.
He won't be able to do it. Dobbs' problem is one shared by anyone who goes too far with the anti-immigration rhetoric and then seeks public office -- it reliably pleases the base and loses general elections (PDF). Dobbs' rants averaged 650,000 viewers out of a nation of more than 300 million; to grab a Senate seat he needs over half of New Jersey's 3.6 million voters.

Yooper

imported post

The only thing I know about Lou Dobbs is that he's pro-gun. I don't know if he's the "2nd Amendment is my permit" type or not, but he was pissed at the ATF about the David Olofson case.

As far as Nugent and/or Palin? I'd vote for either one, or both if running together.

Another person I'd love to see win......Ron Paul.

Article1section23

imported post

Yooper wrote:
The only thing I know about Lou Dobbs is that he's pro-gun. I don't know if he's the "2nd Amendment is my permit" type or not, but he was pissed at the ATF about the David Olofson case.

As far as Nugent and/or Palin? I'd vote for either one, or both if running together.

Yes....he was very pissed about his wife getting arrestedat an airport with a pistol....said that exact quote I believe...it was on one of his shows . This guy would be great for the country.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shawn wrote:
Yooper wrote:

Yes....he was very pissed about his wife getting arrestedat an airport with a pistol....said that exact quote I believe...it was on one of his shows . This guy would be great for the country.
Dobbs ? he's a former independent / conservative that at one time would Rail against Bush & the Dems on CNN for Letting 20 million Illegals into the country & not securing the Southern Boarder, I am guessing it was solely for the Ratings, now he has turned Illegal Alien loving Liberal, great for the country ? I don't think so.