• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to open carry need some info

T Vance

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
if you meet all the requirements and they still refuse to give you your cpl, they are in violation of the law. You should contact a lawyer. Jim Simons has dealt with gun boards in the past. I think he practices out of shelby township, i don't have his number handy. Not that it matters for your cpl, but i don't think he is a big fan of open carrying.
Is Jim the guy on MGO that doesn't allow OC in his office but will allow CC?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

T Vance wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
if you meet all the requirements and they still refuse to give you your cpl, they are in violation of the law. You should contact a lawyer. Jim Simons has dealt with gun boards in the past. I think he practices out of shelby township, i don't have his number handy. Not that it matters for your cpl, but i don't think he is a big fan of open carrying.
Yes

Denny

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
T Vance wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
Yes
I read that over there and almost spit my drink all over the screen. At first I thought he had to be joking but apparently he's not. All I can do is shake my head. Oh, and also get into my wallet and cross his name off the list of lawyers numbers I carry with my CPL.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Denny wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
T Vance wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
Yes
I read that over there and almost spit my drink all over the screen. At first I thought he had to be joking but apparently he's not. All I can do is shake my head. Oh, and also get into my wallet and cross his name off the list of lawyers numbers I carry with my CPL.

Jimseems to bea nice guy, I met him at an OC Picnic this year. And no, he is not joking about the no OC at his office. Actually, he just does not accept OC as a legitimate method of carry. To each his own I guess.

I think he would do an excellent job representing someone for a firearm violation, but just not anything OC relate-his heart would not be there for that.

T Vance

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
I think he would do an excellent job representing someone for a firearm violation, but just not anything OC relate-his heart would not be there for that.
So you can still cross his name off your list Denny.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

T Vance wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
So you can still cross his name off your list Denny.
:lol:Yes, of course, that's what I meant to say. :lol:

conservative85

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Denny wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
T Vance wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
Yes

Jimseems to bea nice guy, I met him at an OC Picnic this year. And no, he is not joking about the no OC at his office. Actually, he just does not accept OC as a legitimate method of carry. To each his own I guess.

What the Ph..k! I bet he is ok with the cops doing it. Oh wait maybe he don't realize they carry openly. yeah thats it

conservative85

imported post

Next time some one see's Jim let him know One of the only reason he can even C.C. is because Michigan realized they violated the Mi. Constitution, in the twenty's, by outlawing C.C., so they come up with the C.C.W (now C.P.L.) to allow law biding citizen to continue to exercise the right to carry.

Side note: Personally I would have just scraped the law altogether making it ok to C.C. with out a permit, but you all know as well as I do Govt. can always screw up but never fix up.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Next time some one see's Jim let him know One of the only reason he can even C.C. is because Michigan realized they violated the Mi. Constitution, in the twenty's, by outlawing C.C., so they come up with the C.C.W (now C.P.L.) to allow law biding citizen to continue to exercise the right to carry.

Side note: Personally I would have just scraped the law altogether making it ok to C.C. with out a permit, but you all know as well as I do Govt. can always screw up but never fix up.

Imagine all the blood in the streets if folks here in Michigan were allow to CC without a CPL. The violence due to non-licensedOC and CCin Alaska and Vermont is staggering. :?

Sarcasm Off