Thread: New to MOC

Post imported post

I thought I would introduce myself.

I found this site researching gun law after applying for a CPL in Oakland County on October 14th. (still waiting) It is good to see that law abiding gun owners take this seriously. It looks as if this movement is growing and getting stronger.

I've read quite a bit here including "Wash. rinse. repeat" and the provisions on deadly force. Very informative.

I have a Ruger Redhawk .44 with Leupold scope and I am in the market for a .40 of some sort. Looking into a Glock 23 new, or a used SIG 229.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

EDA50 wrote:
    I thought I would introduce myself.

I found this site researching gun law after applying for a CPL in Oakland County on October 14th. (still waiting) It is good to see that law abiding gun owners take this seriously. It looks as if this movement is growing and getting stronger.

I've read quite a bit here including "Wash. rinse. repeat" and the provisions on deadly force. Very informative.

I have a Ruger Redhawk .44 with Leupold scope and I am in the market for a .40 of some sort. Looking into a Glock 23 new, or a used SIG 229.
    Welcome, EDA50! Good to have you here.

Post imported post

Welcome! You'll definitely learn a lot here, that's for sure. We hope you stick around!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Welcome to the forums!

I'm partial to XD's myself :P

Post imported post

Welcome.

I am the proud owner of a Glock 23, and I have nothing bad to say about them. You won't be disappointed.

Post imported post

Joined last week, came across this web site by accident too.

Welcome,! have glock 19 9mm love it.

Post imported post

I shot a G19 on Wednesday for the first time. Same thing as the G23, but it's a 9mm(G19) instead of a .40 (G23). The recoil was basically the same, but the bark on the G23 was louder.

Nice gun though.

Post imported post

I've got a Glock 22 (.40)...the thing is great. 1500 rounds and feeds perfect every time. Want a gun to work right if bad things happen.

BTW, Welcome.
    “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    I shot a G19 on Wednesday for the first time. Same thing as the G23, but it's a 9mm(G19) instead of a .40 (G23). The recoil was basically the same, but the bark on the G23 was louder.

Nice gun though.
    shot bros. .40, BIG boom compared to the 19 thought about buying the 40 cal but need something the wife wouldnt scared off. both guns still cool

Post imported post

Welcome to the site and O.C.

Post imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
    shot bros. .40, BIG boom compared to the 19 thought about buying the 40 cal but need something the wife wouldnt scared off. both guns still cool
    Is that what your LEO brother is issued? A Glock 23?

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Glock 19 wrote:
    Is that what your LEO brother is issued? A Glock 23?
    No he bought that over the summer for personel use

he also said when he retires he'll get his cpl

Post imported post

Welcome to MOC and OC'ing!
    You should check out the Smith&Wesson M&P line of handguns! I have put about 1000 rounds through my M&P 9c and it has been flawless! Feels so good in the hand too!
    (Everyone has their favorites, as long as it feels good in your hand and goes "bang" every time...)

Post imported post

WELCOME!!!

This is a very friendly site. Good people here. I feel like I know half of them and have only met one.

Anyways Glocks are a great choice, especially if you don't have alot of money. I have a G21 and a G27, i've put about 1000 rounds of .45auto thru the G21 and about 2500 rounds of .40 thru the G27, NEVER a problem, ever. I've shot cheap, expencive, full medal jacket, hallow points, hand loads, steel casing, aluminum casing, copper, and of course brass, even some +P. All good!!!

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    WELCOME!!!

This is a very friendly site. Good people here. I feel like I know half of them and have only met one.

Anyways Glocks are a great choice, especially if you don't have alot of money. I have a G21 and a G27, i've put about 1000 rounds of .45auto thru the G21 and about 2500 rounds of .40 thru the G27, NEVER a problem, ever. I've shot cheap, expencive, full medal jacket, hallow points, hand loads, steel casing, aluminum casing, copper, and of course brass, even some +P. All good!!!

God Bless
    i just have to chime in an recommend a Kimber..... ok i'm done.

Post imported post

Kimbers are great!!! But if you've only got 500 bucks and wanna carry 14rounds of .45 without an extra mag get a G21!

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

i agree, i just have to stay true to my user name.

Post imported post

I have a hi-point 9 and 45 like them alot have had the smith and wesson 40 cal didnt like it any

edited to put the 0 in 40

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

How many grains are those 4cal bullets:shock::what:?.springerdave.