• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to MOC

EDA50

imported post

I thought I would introduce myself.

I found this site researching gun law after applying for a CPL in Oakland County on October 14th. (still waiting) It is good to see that law abiding gun owners take this seriously. It looks as if this movement is growing and getting stronger.

I've read quite a bit here including "Wash. rinse. repeat" and the provisions on deadly force. Very informative.

I have a Ruger Redhawk .44 with Leupold scope and I am in the market for a .40 of some sort. Looking into a Glock 23 new, or a used SIG 229.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EDA50 wrote:
I thought I would introduce myself.

I found this site researching gun law after applying for a CPL in Oakland County on October 14th. (still waiting) It is good to see that law abiding gun owners take this seriously. It looks as if this movement is growing and getting stronger.

I've read quite a bit here including "Wash. rinse. repeat" and the provisions on deadly force. Very informative.

I have a Ruger Redhawk .44 with Leupold scope and I am in the market for a .40 of some sort. Looking into a Glock 23 new, or a used SIG 229.

Welcome, EDA50! Good to have you here.

T Vance

imported post

I shot a G19 on Wednesday for the first time. Same thing as the G23, but it's a 9mm(G19) instead of a .40 (G23). The recoil was basically the same, but the bark on the G23 was louder.

Nice gun though.

Glock 19

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I shot a G19 on Wednesday for the first time. Same thing as the G23, but it's a 9mm(G19) instead of a .40 (G23). The recoil was basically the same, but the bark on the G23 was louder.

Nice gun though.
shot bros. .40, BIG boom compared to the 19 thought about buying the 40 cal but need something the wife wouldnt scared off. both guns still cool

T Vance

imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
shot bros. .40, BIG boom compared to the 19 thought about buying the 40 cal but need something the wife wouldnt scared off. both guns still cool
Is that what your LEO brother is issued? A Glock 23?

Glock 19

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:
Is that what your LEO brother is issued? A Glock 23?

No he bought that over the summer for personel use

he also said when he retires he'll get his cpl

Scooter

imported post

Welcome to MOC and OC'ing!
You should check out the Smith&Wesson M&P line of handguns! I have put about 1000 rounds through my M&P 9c and it has been flawless! Feels so good in the hand too!
(Everyone has their favorites, as long as it feels good in your hand and goes "bang" every time...)

eastmeyers

imported post

WELCOME!!!

This is a very friendly site. Good people here. I feel like I know half of them and have only met one.

Anyways Glocks are a great choice, especially if you don't have alot of money. I have a G21 and a G27, i've put about 1000 rounds of .45auto thru the G21 and about 2500 rounds of .40 thru the G27, NEVER a problem, ever. I've shot cheap, expencive, full medal jacket, hallow points, hand loads, steel casing, aluminum casing, copper, and of course brass, even some +P. All good!!!

God Bless

Kimberguy

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
WELCOME!!!

This is a very friendly site. Good people here. I feel like I know half of them and have only met one.

Anyways Glocks are a great choice, especially if you don't have alot of money. I have a G21 and a G27, i've put about 1000 rounds of .45auto thru the G21 and about 2500 rounds of .40 thru the G27, NEVER a problem, ever. I've shot cheap, expencive, full medal jacket, hallow points, hand loads, steel casing, aluminum casing, copper, and of course brass, even some +P. All good!!!

God Bless
i just have to chime in an recommend a Kimber..... ok i'm done.