Thread: Headed to San Juan Island

Post imported post

I'm sure this sounds silly, but for some reason carrying my pistol (concealed) while visiting an island that's that close to Canada makes me sorta nervous. I don't take ferries very often, but I see no laws against carrying on a WA State ferry. Anything I should know?

Or anybody know some cool places to visit on San Juan Island? We like antiques, historical things, museums and good food.

Post imported post

"Stateferries areconsidered an extension of the state highway system" (Dave Workman's Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities, pg 21)

So - all relevant carry laws apply as usual. Have fun. Just don't get on the wrong ferry and end up in a different country!

Post imported post

Roche Harbour. Walk to the Mausoleum. Wescott Bay, get some Oysters and Clams(from the vendor). American Camp beach. British Camp.

Friday Harbour- Downriggers is decent food.

Post imported post

Brandnew wrote:
    I'm sure this sounds silly, but for some reason carrying my pistol (concealed) while visiting an island that's that close to Canada makes me sorta nervous. I don't take ferries very often, but I see no laws against carrying on a WA State ferry. Anything I should know?

Or anybody know some cool places to visit on San Juan Island? We like antiques, historical things, museums and good food.
    When are you going? I will be there 12/20 and 12/21

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.