• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to San Juan Island

Brandnew

imported post

I'm sure this sounds silly, but for some reason carrying my pistol (concealed) while visiting an island that's that close to Canada makes me sorta nervous. I don't take ferries very often, but I see no laws against carrying on a WA State ferry. Anything I should know?

Or anybody know some cool places to visit on San Juan Island? We like antiques, historical things, museums and good food.

Hendo

imported post

"Stateferries areconsidered an extension of the state highway system" (Dave Workman's Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities, pg 21)

So - all relevant carry laws apply as usual. Have fun. Just don't get on the wrong ferry and end up in a different country!

Solar

imported post

Roche Harbour. Walk to the Mausoleum. Wescott Bay, get some Oysters and Clams(from the vendor). American Camp beach. British Camp.

Friday Harbour- Downriggers is decent food.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Brandnew wrote:
I'm sure this sounds silly, but for some reason carrying my pistol (concealed) while visiting an island that's that close to Canada makes me sorta nervous. I don't take ferries very often, but I see no laws against carrying on a WA State ferry. Anything I should know?

Or anybody know some cool places to visit on San Juan Island? We like antiques, historical things, museums and good food.

When are you going? I will be there 12/20 and 12/21

Orphan