• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for lawsuit donations

Kimberguy

imported post

The real kick in the teeth was when they rolled up, I was having a conversation about how far the JPD had come, and how Jackson had not had any issues in quite some time.
I am truly disheartened, I really thought that when I sat down with the Chief, that it made a difference.
But really, a citation for littering? Where will they draw the line? I'm more flabergasted by their creativity than I am even mad....I figured with them knowing who I am the would leave me alone.... Have I been targeted? Perhaps they just aren't fans of jimmy hendrix.

Glock 19

imported post

Sounds like JPD is full of Barney Fifes...what a bunch of dickes...they are just trying flex their punie muscles. But like i said in my post earlier, it makes life easier to show ID/cpl I think JPD know you won't show your ID so they fig. you are good target screw with. Believe me i don't condone harassment,Also like i said earlier my LEO bro. works in the hood ( where the ghetto rats romp) If he got a call about someone walking w/gun he would chk it out. I've been on ride alongs with him, he has let speeders go with a slow down warning after he ran their plates and found out they can't afford a ticket.He's been at it for over 20yrs. he not a rookie when comes to things like this, Maybe the JPD who stopped you are young an inexperience.

just a thought..

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
Sounds like JPD is full of Barney Fifes...what a bunch of dickes...they are just trying flex their punie muscles. But like i said in my post earlier, it makes life easier to show ID/cpl I think JPD know you won't show your ID so they fig. you are good target screw with. Believe me i don't condone harassment,Also like i said earlier my LEO bro. works in the hood ( where the ghetto rats romp) If he got a call about someone walking w/gun he would chk it out. I've been on ride alongs with him, he has let speeders go with a slow down warning after he ran their plates and found out they can't afford a ticket.He's been at it for over 20yrs. he not a rookie when comes to things like this, Maybe the JPD who stopped you are young an inexperience.

just a thought..

This is personal between Kimber guy and the JPD. He has been singled out and needs to contact every lawyer on our home page.

This is what I was talking about in my previous post on abuse of power and how the POLICE are no friends of liberty and the constitution. IN fact they are trained to abuse it.

Michigander

imported post

Business has been slow lately, and I am not in a position to donate any quantity of money significant for a law suit.

But that said, I would suggest we find some CPL teachers who will volunteer their time and do classes as a fund raiser. It seems to be the most effective fund raiser we've yet found.

Venator wrote:
This is what I was talking about in my previous post on abuse of power and how the POLICE are no friends of liberty and the constitution. IN fact they are trained to abuse it.
In terms of the US, I'd call that a mostly mid western problem.

mikestilly

imported post

It looks like these dip sh*ts wont stop at anything! Kimberguy I'll work very hard today to finish the motorcycle video. I had finals this week which made it hard. After volunteering at the Novi Gun & Knife Show I will make sure to get the editing finished so I can post it. The video shows what type of morons in the JPD you're having to deal with. It's a 4 part video because of the length. I've already broken it in to 4 parts. I just need to splice audio from the 3 other audio feeds which has some interesting police conversations. Especially since they sent the whole JPD to your encounter. If I had money I'd donate it but we just can't because we're deeply in debt and working very hard to pay it completely off. The $40k in student loans doesnt make it easy either.

Mike

Kimberguy

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
It looks like these dip sh*ts wont stop at anything! Kimberguy I'll work very hard today to finish the motorcycle video. I had finals this week which made it hard. After volunteering at the Novi Gun & Knife Show I will make sure to get the editing finished so I can post it. The video shows what type of morons in the JPD you're having to deal with. It's a 4 part video because of the length. I've already broken it in to 4 parts. I just need to splice audio from the 3 other audio feeds which has some interesting police conversations. Especially since they sent the whole JPD to your encounter. If I had money I'd donate it but we just can't because we're deeply in debt and working very hard to pay it completely off. The $40k in student loans doesnt make it easy either.

Mike

i figured you were busy.... well you will have another video coming up pretty soon here. Keep me posted.

as far as the lawsuit goes.... and I think you all know me well on this, it is not a direction I want to go. I will sit down and talk with the chief of police(again) and see what happens. I don't ever want anyone to look at what we do as a reason to sue, and these cops believe that. the one who knew my name sad something to the affect of, "he is part of that OC group looking to get a lawsuit" we will see what other action is available, to me a lawsuit is an absolute last resort when nothing else has worked... thought I will say that for the first time in my mind I am seeing it as a viable option.

Oh, one officer also started the "your ccw means it has to be concealed" speech.

what a line of bull

ghostrider

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
i figured you were busy.... well you will have another video coming up pretty soon here. Keep me posted.

as far as the lawsuit goes.... and I think you all know me well on this, it is not a direction I want to go. I will sit down and talk with the chief of police(again) and see what happens. I don't ever want anyone to look at what we do as a reason to sue, and these cops believe that. the one who knew my name sad something to the affect of, "he is part of that OC group looking to get a lawsuit" we will see what other action is available, to me a lawsuit is an absolute last resort when nothing else has worked... thought I will say that for the first time in my mind I am seeing it as a viable option.

Oh, one officer also started the "your ccw means it has to be concealed" speech.

what a line of bull

I'd guess that any lawyer you hire will tell you to not have any conversation with any of the police, including the chief.

They are singling you out because they know that they can. That line about the lawsuit is just that. They know you won't sue. If they thought you had the money to follow up with a lawsuite, then they would have most likely left you alone.

Glock 19

imported post

Venator wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:

just a thought..

This is personal between Kimber guy and the JPD. He has been singled out and needs to contact every lawyer on our home page.

Just because JPD has a few dumb asses on the force does not mean all LEO's are bad. They have a few "barney fifes" that need to go back to the academy.

lapeer20m

imported post

If/when you decide to file a civil suit, post your paypal address and i'll donate some money. I can't donate hundreds of dollars, but if each of us gives 50 bucks that should be a good start.

this cause helps all of us, not just the person directly involved.

choover

imported post

I am not sure of your working status but if employed just mass apply for credit cards, one decent card should cover the attorney fee's for a lawsuit if you do decide to go that route. creditboard.com may be a good place to start

G

imported post

I'm not really positive on this one. Were you detained against your will? Were you wrongfully arrested? Not being my usual smartazz here. These are relevant questions. I do perceive harassment. But civil rights violations and color of law appear to be a bit of a stretch without unlawful detainment. I would suggest a consultation with a competent gun lawyer. The one szerdi used seems to fit the bill. I personally would avoid the OC unfriendly one that advertises on MGO. Do the consultation and let us know how it goes. While I'm curious about the details of this latest encounter, I don't have a need to know. If you find out that an attorney believes that you have a solid case and is willing to accept it, I'll assist with your costs.

wally1120

imported post

Hey Kimberguy, Just read your lil incident AGAIN with the cops. Man the Jackson areapolice will not quit messing with us, I would consider pressing charges something fierce. And if you were serious about a cop saying " I Dont Like Him, And Cant Wait To Nail Him" Dude I am going to need the cops name now, Just in case I do have an Encouter with the officer, I need a paper trail to follow along with me and the officer. Also flipping the cherry off of a Cigarette IS NOT littering, How DUMB are cops, Throwing the butt on the ground IS littering, Fro the sounds of it you DIDN`T litter.

Seriously tho, I am going to need the officers name that sayed that shit to you that night. Just in case cops are going to be coming after Open Carriers again, and if I do have a encounter with any officers, I WILL BE MORE ALERT with all of this shit that cops are pulling AGAIN.

Kimberguy

imported post

ok there was one of the officers on this last encounter who knew who i was. He was involved in the motorcycle stop. he is the bald one who walks across the video at 9:04 in part 1 of the motorcycle stop.

Kimberguy

imported post

I agree.... once, maybe twice.... but i have dealt with them too many times.... standing outside Walmart with an AK47 for a food drive a few weeks ago, a different police dept stopped by because of something going on inside, only think he said to me was a friendly "hi hows it goin?" as he walked by to address what was going on inside.....
amazing how the diffrent departments work eh?