• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for lawsuit donations

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Kimberguy was OCing in Jackson, when 3 officers rolled up on him while he was standing outside smoking and talking to the gas station employee of the gas station he was at.

Not much info is going to be posted as he is interested in filing a lawsuit. He was NOT carrying concealed, and denied them ID and CPL when requested. One of the officers said his name, so they obviously know who he is around the JPD (yes it was them again...just when we thought they were doing so good).

He put the "cherry" of his cigarrette on the ground and the butt in his pocket. They cited him for litering. Something that another officer said was very interested pertaining to OC, but it needs to not be made public if a lawsuit is going to be made.

He wants to file a lawsuit, and is looking for donations.
If we donate how much of the lawsuit do we get, lol

WARCHILD

imported post

I agree with Doug, it should go into a defense fund...period. I myself would not expect ANY gratuity if I DONATED to any fund. It is there to help anyone who may need it...WIN or LOSE. As long as this fund is available to everyone. Are we all not in this for the long haul as a group? There is no...I.... in GROUP.

rant off

WARCHILD

imported post

Yes it should, win or lose it's their case. I would only expect that if they benefited from the defense fund, they should replace what they were given. If they felt compelled to give a gratuity to the fund...so be it, but I for one would not consider it as part of the donation. Individual members who donate, should not have any expectations attached to such a donation.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
Venator wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:
Sounds like JPD is full of Barney Fifes...what a bunch of dickes...they are just trying flex their punie muscles. But like i said in my post earlier, it makes life easier to show ID/cpl I think JPD know you won't show your ID so they fig. you are good target screw with. Believe me i don't condone harassment,Also like i said earlier my LEO bro. works in the hood ( where the ghetto rats romp) If he got a call about someone walking w/gun he would chk it out. I've been on ride alongs with him, he has let speeders go with a slow down warning after he ran their plates and found out they can't afford a ticket.He's been at it for over 20yrs. he not a rookie when comes to things like this, Maybe the JPD who stopped you are young an inexperience.

just a thought..

This is personal between Kimber guy and the JPD. He has been singled out and needs to contact every lawyer on our home page.

This is what I was talking about in my previous post on abuse of power and how the POLICE are no friends of liberty and the constitution. IN fact they are trained to abuse it.
Just because JPD has a few dumb asses on the force does not mean all LEO's are bad. They have a few "barney fifes" that need to go back to the academy.
Private individuals as well as MOC, Inc. have had numerous communications with the city of Jackson as well as the PD about the legality of OC. They have stated that they have informed their officers about same. They have stated that they know OC is legal, yet these stops against Kimberguy continue. Glock 19, how long do we have to put up with the "barney Fifes" before we say enough is enough????

wally1120

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
ok there was one of the officers on this last encounter who knew who i was. He was involved in the motorcycle stop. he is the bald one who walks across the video at 9:04 in part 1 of the motorcycle stop.
UUMM, I dont know the officers name. The city cops shouldn`t even know me, I live in the County, not the City. I dont understand why you sayed this cop dont like me, When they shouldn`t even know me. If I could get the officers name then this would help out a GREAT deal.

Glock 19

imported post

Venator wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:
Venator wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:
Sounds like JPD is full of Barney Fifes...what a bunch of dickes...they are just trying flex their punie muscles. But like i said in my post earlier, it makes life easier to show ID/cpl I think JPD know you won't show your ID so they fig. you are good target screw with. Believe me i don't condone harassment,Also like i said earlier my LEO bro. works in the hood ( where the ghetto rats romp) If he got a call about someone walking w/gun he would chk it out. I've been on ride alongs with him, he has let speeders go with a slow down warning after he ran their plates and found out they can't afford a ticket.He's been at it for over 20yrs. he not a rookie when comes to things like this, Maybe the JPD who stopped you are young an inexperience.

just a thought..

This is personal between Kimber guy and the JPD. He has been singled out and needs to contact every lawyer on our home page.

This is what I was talking about in my previous post on abuse of power and how the POLICE are no friends of liberty and the constitution. IN fact they are trained to abuse it.
Just because JPD has a few dumb asses on the force does not mean all LEO's are bad. They have a few "barney fifes" that need to go back to the academy.
Private individuals as well as MOC, Inc. have had numerous communications with the city of Jackson as well as the PD about the legality of OC. They have stated that they have informed their officers about same. They have stated that they know OC is legal, yet these stops against Kimberguy continue. Glock 19, how long do we have to put up with the "barney Fifes" before we say enough is enough????
Sorry there big guy dont have an answer for ya on that, obviously JPD officers need to be retrained but remember not every LEO are like that. You need to get out of bathtucky a little more...with that said i am done here you ran me off...you dont like what i have to say or my opinion's. its apparent you had run ins with the Law, because you are so agianist them...at least thats what i am ready into it. maybe i am wrong..what ever..still stand behind opencarry movment just not behind you. later Mr. President.......

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
Venator wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:
Venator wrote:
Glock 19 wrote:

just a thought..

Sorry there big guy dont have an answer for ya on that, obviously JPD officers need to be retrained but remember not every LEO are like that. You need to get out of bathtucky a little more...with that said i am done here you ran me off...you dont like what i have to say or my opinion's. its apparent you had run ins with the Law, because you are so agianist them...at least thats what i am ready into it. maybe i am wrong..what ever..still stand behind opencarry movment just not behind you. later Mr. President.......
Too bad some peopledon't stay and supporttheir opinions on how it's better to cooperate with the Police, but instead taketheir ball and go home.

Whether I've had "run ins" with the police is immaterial to the argument. As for Bath I support good law enforcement and would say that Bath has a great PD. I say that not just because I'm on the Bath Police and Fire Board, but because of the actions and behavior of the Bath PD. But nice personal attack, the refuge of a poor position.

My point is that I think that blindly cooperating with authority with the attitude "what can it hurt to answer a few questions asked by the police" has lead us into the sheep mentality which in turn has lead us to where we are. A place where JPD seems to think they can trample a persons rights without consequences.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

We did receive $1,100 in pledges in the "official" defense fund. Given that Kimberguy has counsel telling him there is a decent chancefor damages, I would make the motion to apply this to his cause. The only thingI would ask (assuming all the pledges were in agreement) is for MOC to handle the money and thata portion of anydamages actually awardedgo toward a future fund.

[line]
Here is a link to the pledges peviously made. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31319&forum_id=30&highlight=official+defense+fund

WARCHILD

imported post

I can see where this whole thing is going. Same experience I had with other groups I have been a member in. When it comes to money...everybody...wants a voice to where it should be spent. I see posts here by people who have not even contributed to the defense fund, yet want a word as to where it goes! I will make the following points/questions learned from my experience.

1. If it comes from the MOC defense fund, it must be done by board approval. Will the board approve each request when made; or do they "pick" which ones are more needed than others? Very shaky ground, believe me...been there done that.
2. If the case wins, the person replaces the amount received from the fund, no question. If a greater amount is re-paid, it goes to the defense fund for future use.
3. If the case is a loss, does the person now "owe" the defense fund the amount given? It must be replenished somehow or there will be no future defense fund.
4. Those who have donated to the fund don't agree with the decisions made and want their money back...give a refund? I have seen this happen more than once.

These are things that must be worked out "before" we use "any" money from the defense fund. I suggest the board have a meeting and set up some rules for use of same and members should vote for or against the plan.
Just my old .02 worth.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Well, the UNOFFICIAL "official" defense fund is not actually part of MOC Inc. I would personally like it if MOC Inc. were willing and able to pickup the pledges and handle the cash. It gives some assurance to donors that nobody is looking to cheat anyone and that their money will indeed go to good use.

There is no board approval needed to allocate this money, it is simply a group of people donating to a good cause. All that is needed is a group concensus and it is ready to go.

But first, Kimberguy will need to provide word that legal counsel gives his case a snowball's chance in hell.

WARCHILD

imported post

That is the issue I was pointing out. It is not yet an MOC fund. You say you wish it were, if it is, the monies allocated would have to be voted on by the board before it was used. This in turn raises the questions I proposed. As of right now the money is a collective member fund and no rules apply but still poses some of the questions, who gets it...how much...pay back...owe anything if case is lost...just throwing scenario's out there that I have had to deal with around this very issue.

T Vance

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
That is the issue I was pointing out. It is not yet an MOC fund. You say you wish it were, if it is, the monies allocated would have to be voted on by the board before it was used. This in turn raises the questions I proposed. As of right now the money is a collective member fund and no rules apply but still poses some of the questions, who gets it...how much...pay back...owe anything if case is lost...just throwing scenario's out there that I have had to deal with around this very issue.

Last edited: