• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas State Militia

How many people support a legal Militia

• NO I DONT SUPPORT A LEGAL MILITIA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lanceegarrison

imported post

[align=center]

1st Converged Battalion, 34th Field Force[/align]

[align=center]Mission Statement

New members will have a Concealed Carry Permit, or a back ground check to ensure us of their eligibility to join.

To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic…So help us God. 1st Converged Battalion, 34th Field Force recognizes that in these troubled times, preparing to deal with and mitigate problems is advisable at the least, and a must for the protection of our families, municipalities, state, and nation.With total disregard of race, color, creed, or religion, we welcome all who are freedom loving Americans who want to be prepared for any contingency.1st Converged Battalion, 34th Field Force is a unit with the ability to provide support and line units for short to long term operations as Light Infantry to the patriot movement and the State of Kansas.

[/align]
KANSAS MILITIA1st Converged Battalion - 34th FFBY-LAWS
1) PURPOSE: to explain the mission, organizational structure, procedures and requirements of membership in the 1st Converged Battalion 34 FF Kansas Militia a volunteer organization.

2) STATEMENT OF ETHICS: Members are encouraged to live exemplary lives. The actions of one member may jeopardize the legitimacy of the entire 1st Converged Battalion and all of its members.We must police ourselves. We will not tolerate any racism, sexism or criminal behavior. The 1st, Brigade will not support any specific political party or candidate, members are free to support their choice. No particular religious ideology or doctrine will be advocated, nor will anyone be denied the free expression thereof, (mission dependent).

3) MISSION: The Kansas Militia will defend the Constitution of Kansas, the Constitution of the United States of America and all citizens protected by those documents, as original intended, against all enemies both Foreign & Domestic. The Kansas Militia shall aid state, county and local authorities as possible. The Kansas Militia shall routinely practice and make preparations for the necessary aid and assistance as required.

4) MEMBERSHIP: Membership is open to any person of good moral character who desires to join the Militia, and who is not any of the following; a) A fugitive from justice, b) An alien illegally in the United States, c) A convicted felon, d) A person convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, e) A person convicted of infamous crimes, f) A user of any unlawful drugs, g) An adjudicated mental defective, h) An undercover special agent, informant or agent provocateur.Failure to comply with these is grounds for immediate expulsion by your unit leader.

REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE UNDER ARMS: A new recruit wishing to join may attend up to and participate in three training musters, to help them decide. Provided they are at least 21 years old. Units also can use a 90-day probationary period for all new members, after that, each unit votes to accept the person, a 51% yes vote is necessary to be a member in full standing.

REQUIREMENTS FOR THOSE IN SUPPORT AREAS: A new recruit wishing to join may attend up to and participate in three training musters, to help them decide. Provided they are at least 17 years old, or have written permission and a waiver of liability signed by the recruits parents or legal guardian. Units also can use a 90-day probationary period for all new members, after that, each unit votes to accept the person, a 51% yes vote is necessary to be a member in full standing.

OATH: All persons wishing to join shall swear the following oath to be administered by the Company Commander during a Formal Ceremony.

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Kansas against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of Kansas and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God."
5) ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE: The Basic Unit will be built on the 4-member fire team. A Platoon will be organized around a 4 to 6 fire team structure. (This can change with membership) A Company will be based on the 3 line Platoons and a HQ Platoon concept. A Battalion will consist of 3 to 5 companies, with a HQ Company. The Brigade will consist of 3 to 5 Battalions with a HQ Company, and attached support units.

If the Brigade grows beyond this, or covers more than ¼ of the state, then the If the Brigade grows beyond this or covers more than ¼ of the state then the Brigade should split into two units the 3rd. and the 4th.

Members are encouraged to form 4 men fire teams, either friends or by approximate geographic location. All members will be assigned to a team regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age and place of national origin, political party, or other as needed. Physical condition will be a factor considered.

ELECTED POSITIONS: the active members of that unit elect Battalion and Brigade commanders. The Bn. CO chooses the Company commanders. The Company commander chooses platoon leaders with concurrence of the units NCOs, and voted on by the members. Company and Battalion level Command Staff / Training Cadre shall be posted based on experience & qualifications. Rank to be determined by Unit Commander and Executive Officer. All other NCOs as per standard levels achieved, or posted at former rank given in the armed forces. New members with prior military service shall be posted with former rank given in the armed forces. New members to the unit shall be classified as a 'Recruit' and shall achieve rank based on performance levels or time in rank.

A Headquarters staff to assist the commanders will be formed as needed. Rank: Brigade Commander; Colonel, Battalion Commander; Lieutenant Colonel, Company Commander; Captain or Lieutenant Company Executive Officer; Lieutenant Platoon Leader; Lieutenant, or Sergeant

All elected position personnel, remember you are elected to serve by your fellow patriots and to lead. This is a position of trust and duty, so act the part and serve those who have faith in you. A written petition signed by 2/3 of the unit’s active members shall mandate a recall and a special election for a new commander due to unsatisfactory performance. This rule may extend to other elected positions.Any member who wishes to resign, for whatever reason should let his unit commander know as soon as he can. Any unit financial or material assets will remain with the unit. A member may be voted out of the unit by a 2/3 vote of his unit’s members or dismissed by the unit commander under section 4.

6) PROCEDURES:

a) All musters will open with a prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance.b) Each Unit will train on a monthly basis, classroom or field. c) Each Company may elect a training NCO or select volunteers as instructors, following the Bn. CO’s guidelines.d) Companies may train together any time they choose.e) Each Company may establish a unit fund and an assets list will be maintained. f) The Company CO shall be the sole spokesperson for the company unless delegated.
g) Disciplinary actions shall be at the Company level, as CO’s shall decide. As most training will occur on private property, all
guest are expected to act in an ethical and lawful manner. Safety is of the highest concern for all members. Under no
circumstance will any illegal or unlawful activity be tolerated.
h) All members will sign and have on file a waiver of liability prior to field training.i) A Battalion/Brigade meeting should be held at least every year, all members shall attend, this can be formal or informal such as a picnic. Staff meetings to be held as needed.
j) Any item requiring a vote shall be voted upon during a regularly scheduled meeting. A passing vote will be determined on a majority vote of unit members present at the meeting. Proxy & absentee votes may be counted if received beforehand.
k) The local Commander will consider request from State, County, or local officials for assistance or emergency situations. Volunteers will be asked for, or the whole unit called, depending on the emergency.
l) Any existing unit with a desire of membership will be subject to a minimum 90-day probationary period. The Battalion CO and at least one Company CO will evaluate the unit’s activities to include one training muster. The unit must accept our
by-laws and structure as is, or as amended.
m) The Bn. CO can amend these By-Laws with concurrence from the members present at the next scheduled meeting.

All members under arms will own and maintain a semi-auto battle rifle with 500 rounds of ammunition, pistol belt and two canteens, a backpack with 4 days rations for quick response, must be maintained per unit SOP. Members shall strive to be self-sufficient at all times, they must be able to sustain themselves and their families in times of crises or national emergency. A 90-day supply of dry or canned food is minimal with other essentials. All members are to maintain a dress uniform (BDU’s) with all unit patches name tape and rank, and a training uniform of BDU’s w/name tape to include dog tags.New members will have a Concealed Carry Permit, or a back ground check to ensure us of their eligibility to join.

Update 10/14/09

Thank you

Lance Garrison

Contact info @

316-312-6329

http://kansasstatemilitia.webs.com/

http://www.myspace.com/kansasstatemilitia

http://www.kansasstatemilitia.com/

K

KansasScout

imported post

All this effort with all the rules are all well and good but when the shit hits the fan it will all be completely irrelevant. Thats when neighbors will form their own ad hoc militias. They won't need these rules you baked up. You will just need to live there and have a gun.

Right now your just playing army and when the media films these get togethers you militia guys just look silly.

K

KansasScout

imported post

My sympathies are with you but unless your competely local your not constitutional in the strictest sense. You have a chance for legal recognition by a Court is you have to stand account for your actions during a serious breakdown in civil order but if your members are scattered to the winds from differing counties you may not stand up to being a valid local Militia.

When Civil order breaks down it will be your neighborhood that can legally form a Militia for mutual protection and the maintenence of order. And that's what will probably happen if this all goes down like we fear.

The typical "Militia" group is a bunch of widely scattered obese white men and a few women . When the ball drops, your going to fall apart quickly.

If your "Militia" tried to come into my neighborhood and start trying to take control you would find me less than happy with you. This will be true no matter where you go unless your in your own place and known by your neighbors and trusted.

Otherwise, people will see you as fat nerds with guns, over their heads in deep water.

I know you see yourself as noble stalwarts of civil order and civilization. Your neighbors might see you differantly.

Maybe I am being too harsh here but I have given this much thought over the years concerning the so called Militia movement. I question the validity of your claims for constitutionality unless you are in fact confined to a local geographic area such as a township or city or suburb or neighborhood. Unless your a genuine part of your community your not a valid Militia under common law or any other law.