• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

N.C. RESIDENTS - CONTACT HAGAN TODAY!

spy1

imported post

SENATOR HAGAN –

VOTE “NAY” ON CLOTURE REGARDING the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

THE PEOPLE OF NORTH CAROLINA WHO VOTED YOU INTO OFFICE DO NOT WANT GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTHCARE SHOVED DOWN THEIR THROATS.

YOUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON YOUR “NAY” VOTE.

Signed,

======================================================

This is ULTIMATELY IMPORTANT TO DEFEAT OBAMA'S FASCIST AGENDA!

DO IT BEFORE THE VOTE TONIGHT!

Office Locations
  • WASHINGTON, DC OFFICE 521 Dirksen Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Phone:
    cb_transparent_l.gif
    us.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    arrow.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    202-224-6342
    cb_transparent_r.gif

Fax: 202-228-2563
  • GREENSBORO OFFICE – STATE HEADQUARTERS 701 Green Valley Rd; Suite 201
    Greensboro, NC 27408
    Phone:
    cb_transparent_l.gif
    us.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    arrow.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    336-333-5311
    cb_transparent_r.gif

Fax: 336-333-5331
  • RALEIGH OFFICE 310 New Bern Avenue
    Raleigh, NC 27601
    Phone:
    cb_transparent_l.gif
    us.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    arrow.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    919-856-4630
    cb_transparent_r.gif

Fax: 919-856-4053
  • CHARLOTTE OFFICE 1520 South Boulevard; Suite 205
    Charlotte, NC 28203
    Phone:
    cb_transparent_l.gif
    us.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    arrow.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    space.gif
    704-334-2448
    cb_transparent_r.gif

Fax: 704-334-2405

buzzsaw

imported post

Why contact someones office who basically told me to pound sand the last time I contacted her office on a similar issue?

spy1

imported post

Well, folks, we got our asses handed to us on that vote, now didn't we?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/21/senate-crucial-vote/

"WASHINGTON -- Sweeping health care legislation has cleared its first hurdle in the full Senate on a party-line vote.

The 60-39 vote clears the way for a historic debate after Thanksgiving on the legislation."

""This is a vote about whether or not you want to fundamentally change the way health care is delivered in this country in a way which massively expands the size of government, the role of government and significantly increases the tax burden, especially for small businesses and cuts Medicare by a dramatic amount of money," Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., told Fox News before Saturday's session began.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell called the bill "monstrous" and, citing the Congressional Budget Office, said it would not bring down costs."

=====================================

At the very time when we could have headed this whole thing off - where were we? All we had to do was change one Democrat's vote - ONE.

Couldn't we have done that if we'd all pulled together and made an all-out effort by EVERYONE to CONTACT those Democratic Senators with our thoughts yesterday? Let them know that our future VOTE was going to be determined specifically on this issue?

Guess we'll never know - because we didn't. Due to our inaction, we surrendered before the battle ever took place.

At the easiest point we'll ever have had to have stopped the whole thing in its' tracks.

I see a long, bloody road ahead.

lonewolf2810

imported post

Well the way I see it We the People should step up and take back our country. The government has over stepped its boundary's. Our forefathers fought and died for our freedom and we are letting some slick talking morons tell us, I will do this and that and then they do just the opposite. They get up there and make up the rules that work for them not We the People and then we have to pay for it. Hagan is just the tip of an ever growing cancer in our country. In the eyes of the slick talkers We the People are stupid and ignorant and don't know what is good for ourselves.

This is my 2cents on the whole subject. I feel better now that I got to vent.
Have a good day.

buzzsaw

imported post

Since I have previously contacted the office of Sen. Hagan and basically got a slightly less offensive version of the "we won, go away" speech, I can only suggest that any effort to sway the thinking of the Senator is too little, too late. It would seem that we are stuck with her for at least 5 more years and nothing much can be done about it. Any crying over the spilled milk at this point seems useless. I will, however, continue to seek the displacement of similarly minded candidates both at the Federal and State levels until we can have another chance to send her packing. Somewhere other that North Carolina hopefully.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This was just for the debate and buy did the democrats have to clamor for those 60 votes. I think the bill it self might be a tougher sale. I think their may be a small repeat of the summer where you had democrats questioning the bill alongside republicans.

We'll see how it turns out.

I'd be careful about saying "we should take our government back." We the people (may be not all of us) voted this government in place and via majority vote.

If you want to take something back from someone, you have to start with the people.