Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Lunenburg and Mecklinburg Circuit Court

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    I was talking to one of the members today about Old Va Legislation this year and the subject of CHP's came up. I had just finished the battle of the Dog Hunters and wasn't in a good mood anyway (If I ever said a good thing about a dog hunter, forget it)...:X

    Anyway, I was a little shocked to find the Circuit Court Judge for Lunenburg and Mecklinburg, doesn't recognize DGIF Hunter Safety Class for CHP's.

    I'll check on it this week while I'm hunting (Weekdays Dog Hunters have to be back in their cells early):X

    I know the Clerk in Lunenburg and I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.


  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    OK, wow - hopefully an applicant out there will sand up, refuse to provide other proof of competency and appeal any denial. otherwise this stuff will just keep happenning.

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Just so Mike has something to delete
    Is this a buck or a doe?:X





    And no, I didn't shoot them...By the grace of God goes thee:X

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    OK, wow - hopefully an applicant out there will sand up, refuse to provide other proof of competency and appeal any denial. otherwise this stuff will just keep happenning.
    Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?


  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    OK, wow - hopefully an applicant out there will sand up, refuse to provide other proof of competency and appeal any denial. otherwise this stuff will just keep happenning.
    Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?
    Just thinking - it would be funny if one day like a whole bunch of hunter types showed up at teh courthouse and filed a nunch of CHP applications (no SSN of course), with hunter safety course certificates attached to them

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Mike wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    OK, wow - hopefully an applicant out there will sand up, refuse to provide other proof of competency and appeal any denial. otherwise this stuff will just keep happenning.
    Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?
    Just thinking - it would be funny if one day like a whole bunch of hunter types showed up at teh courthouse and filed a nunch of CHP applications (no SSN of course), with hunter safety course certificates attached to them
    That's about all we have down there (Hunter Types) but not nearly as many CHP's as up North. Most of us have carried a gun of one type or the other since childhood.

    Today, I had three with me and that's two less than normal.

  7. #7
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Post imported post

    A friend of mine had this problem in Accomack county a couple years ago. I directed him to PVC at VCDL and he had his CHP in less that a week. Circuit Court Judges don't like it when their boss calls them and orders them to follow the law so they will try to prevent that call.

    Start out by taking a copy of the VSP webpage at: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_...Concealed.shtmto the clerks office

    VA Code 18.2-308 G - the court shall require proof that the applicant has demonstrated competence with a handgun and the applicant may demonstrate such competence by one of the following, but no applicant shall be required to submit to any additional demonstration of competence:

    1. Completing any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state;
    2. Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southside, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    peter nap wrote:
    Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?
    I would guess that is a BUCK you tagged, might be the same one that got clipped this afternoon on 49 on the way to Arrowhead.

    May want to talk to AyLOR, they do CHP Classes. I stopped by there today and dropped of some VCDL info, but I'll keep my ears open.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Dragonfly wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?
    I would guess that is a BUCK you tagged, might be the same one that got clipped this afternoon on 49 on the way to Arrowhead.

    May want to talk to AyLOR, they do CHP Classes. I stopped by there today and dropped of some VCDL info, but I'll keep my ears open.
    Did talk to Aylor. he was the one that confirmed it about the court.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Virginiaplanter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    402

    Post imported post

    One year I was hunting where they hunt with dogs. A second set of dog hunters came in the afternoon after the morning set of dog hunters ruined my hunting opportunities. They had just let the dogs loose as I was leaving for the day. I had some doe scent on my boots if I remember correctly and the dogs got wind of the scent and followed me all the way back to my truck about 1.5 miles. At first I could hear the owner yelling for them but they were on hot pursuit of the non existent deer's trail. I had to laugh because every time they went in front of me they lost the scent. Then I would pass them as they were searching for the secent and they would magically find it again. It was driving them crazy. I guess the dog owner got to feel like I did when somebody ruins your day hunting.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622

    Post imported post

    Virginiaplanter wrote:
    One year I was hunting where they hunt with dogs. A second set of dog hunters came in the afternoon after the morning set of dog hunters ruined my hunting opportunities. They had just let the dogs loose as I was leaving for the day. I had some doe scent on my boots if I remember correctly and the dogs got wind of the scent and followed me all the way back to my truck about 1.5 miles. At first I could hear the owner yelling for them but they were on hot pursuit of the non existent deer's trail. I had to laugh because every time they went in front of me they lost the scent. Then I would pass them as they were searching for the secent and they would magically find it again. It was driving them crazy. I guess the dog owner got to feel like I did when somebody ruins your day hunting.
    That is pure poetic justice.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    Virginiaplanter wrote:
    One year I was hunting where they hunt with dogs. A second set of dog hunters came in the afternoon after the morning set of dog hunters ruined my hunting opportunities. They had just let the dogs loose as I was leaving for the day. I had some doe scent on my boots if I remember correctly and the dogs got wind of the scent and followed me all the way back to my truck about 1.5 miles. At first I could hear the owner yelling for them but they were on hot pursuit of the non existent deer's trail. I had to laugh because every time they went in front of me they lost the scent. Then I would pass them as they were searching for the secent and they would magically find it again. It was driving them crazy. I guess the dog owner got to feel like I did when somebody ruins your day hunting.
    That is pure poetic justice.

    Yata hey
    It' giving me some new ideas too

    Let' get back to the Circuit court isue though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •