• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lunenburg and Mecklinburg Circuit Court

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I was talking to one of the members today about Old Va Legislation this year and the subject of CHP's came up. I had just finished the battle of the Dog Hunters and wasn't in a good mood anyway (If I ever said a good thing about a dog hunter, forget it)...:X

Anyway, I was a little shocked to find the Circuit Court Judge for Lunenburg and Mecklinburg, doesn't recognize DGIF Hunter Safety Class for CHP's.

I'll check on it this week while I'm hunting (Weekdays Dog Hunters have to be back in their cells early):X

I know the Clerk in Lunenburg and I'll see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK, wow - hopefully an applicant out there will sand up, refuse to provide other proof of competency and appeal any denial. otherwise this stuff will just keep happenning.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Just so Mike has something to delete
Is this a buck or a doe?:X

dh1.jpg

dh2.jpg

And no, I didn't shoot them...By the grace of God goes thee:X

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Mike wrote:
OK, wow - hopefully an applicant out there will sand up, refuse to provide other proof of competency and appeal any denial. otherwise this stuff will just keep happenning.
Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Mike wrote:
Hey Dragonfly...Any of your neighbors in Lunenburg ready to apply for their CHP?
Just thinking - it would be funny if one day like a whole bunch of hunter types showed up at teh courthouse and filed a nunch of CHP applications (no SSN of course), with hunter safety course certificates attached to them :cool:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Mike wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Mike wrote:
Just thinking - it would be funny if one day like a whole bunch of hunter types showed up at teh courthouse and filed a nunch of CHP applications (no SSN of course), with hunter safety course certificates attached to them :cool:
That's about all we have down there (Hunter Types) but not nearly as many CHP's as up North. Most of us have carried a gun of one type or the other since childhood.

Today, I had three with me and that's two less than normal.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

A friend of mine had this problem in Accomack county a couple years ago. I directed him to PVC at VCDL and he had his CHP in less that a week. Circuit Court Judges don't like it when their boss calls them and orders them to follow the law so they will try to prevent that call.

Start out by taking a copy of the VSP webpage at: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtmto the clerks office

VA Code 18.2-308 G - the court shall require proof that the applicant has demonstrated competence with a handgun and the applicant may demonstrate such competence by one of the following, but no applicant shall be required to submit to any additional demonstration of competence:

1. Completing any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state;
  2. Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;

Dragonfly

imported post

peter nap wrote:

I would guess that is a BUCK you tagged, might be the same one that got clipped this afternoon on 49 on the way to Arrowhead.

May want to talk to AyLOR, they do CHP Classes. I stopped by there today and dropped of some VCDL info, but I'll keep my ears open.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dragonfly wrote:
peter nap wrote:

I would guess that is a BUCK you tagged, might be the same one that got clipped this afternoon on 49 on the way to Arrowhead.

May want to talk to AyLOR, they do CHP Classes. I stopped by there today and dropped of some VCDL info, but I'll keep my ears open.
Did talk to Aylor. he was the one that confirmed it about the court.

Virginiaplanter

imported post

One year I was hunting where they hunt with dogs. A second set of dog hunters came in the afternoon after the morning set of dog hunters ruined my hunting opportunities. They had just let the dogs loose as I was leaving for the day. I had some doe scent on my boots if I remember correctly and the dogs got wind of the scent and followed me all the way back to my truck about 1.5 miles. At first I could hear the owner yelling for them but they were on hot pursuit of the non existent deer's trail. I had to laugh because every time they went in front of me they lost the scent. Then I would pass them as they were searching for the secent and they would magically find it again. It was driving them crazy. I guess the dog owner got to feel like I did when somebody ruins your day hunting.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
One year I was hunting where they hunt with dogs. A second set of dog hunters came in the afternoon after the morning set of dog hunters ruined my hunting opportunities. They had just let the dogs loose as I was leaving for the day. I had some doe scent on my boots if I remember correctly and the dogs got wind of the scent and followed me all the way back to my truck about 1.5 miles. At first I could hear the owner yelling for them but they were on hot pursuit of the non existent deer's trail. I had to laugh because every time they went in front of me they lost the scent. Then I would pass them as they were searching for the secent and they would magically find it again. It was driving them crazy. I guess the dog owner got to feel like I did when somebody ruins your day hunting.
That is pure poetic justice.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Virginiaplanter wrote:
That is pure poetic justice.

Yata hey
It' giving me some new ideas too:uhoh:

Let' get back to the Circuit court isue though.