• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Good Idea or No?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eastmeyers

imported post

House Bill 4348 is dieing. This bill if passed and signed will eliminate PFZ/CEZ.

Below is the Letter I am sending to my state rep, please do the same, and if you have any suggestions for changes I will not be sending my final draft to her until Monday morning.

Dear Rep. Lipton,
My name is eastmeyers; I have a question about House Bill 4348. I am curious why this bill has not gone any further than it has. This is a bill that I heavily support and I urge you too also. This bill as I understand it will eliminate "Michigan Pistol-Free-Zones", which can also be refereed to as Criminal-Empowerment-Zones. As it is horrible obvious criminals do not pay attention to laws, law-abiding-citzens however do. When entering a place that is a "Pistol-Free-Zone", a school, or hospital, ECT..., an armed law abiding citizen must then disarm himself/herself and go into such a place without adequate ability for self defense or defense of others. Most mass shootings in this country have taken place in a "Pistol Free Zone" This is unfortunate seeing that many lives could have been saved if only law abiding citizens were not stripped of their right to bare arms. Law abiding citizens are the only ones who pay attention to "No Gun" signs, criminals simply ignore them, leaving the criminals with a serious advantage. If their were not "Pistol Free Zones" than law abiding citizens could stop any further threat of life (of innocents) by putting an end to the threat.

Most people are naive in the fact they believe they will be kept safe by the police. This is unfortunately not true. The Police have no legal or professional responsibility to put themselves in harms way to protect anyone or anything. The Police Departments job is to investigate crimes, solve crimes, and to make arrests. The Police can not be everywhere at all times, Police rarely catch criminals in the act, you can ask any Police Officer. It is however a bonus when they do. Their are around 215,000 CPL (Concealed Pistol License) holders, and also many other law abiding citizens that carry firearms legally (open-carriers).

States/Cities with the most stringent gun-laws have the highest crime rates, California, Illinois, New York, ECT...

States that do the most to uphold law-abiding-citizens their RIGHT to bare arms have much lower crime rates (especially violant crimes), Montana, North Carolina, Alaska, ECT...

Please help Michigan to be a safer place for all! Your support will be greatly appreciated. I will be making a donation to every Representatives Campain who takes a pro-active stand on making Michigan safer.

Thank you so much for your time,

Best Regards,

eastmeyers

God Bless

eastmeyers

imported post

Okay ya'll 60 views, five votes, and no posts? I know that 99% of the people here have an opinion on this issue. Does anyone else plan on writing their State Rep? And if it passes the house write their State Senator?

God Bless

conservative85

imported post

I have read, & I like.

But in case you haven't noticed, our state congress is heavily Dem, & Liberal. Oh I almost forgot bout you know her;) (bleeding heart)

Remember what John Conyers said “I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill'... What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”

This is a statement said about an issue the Demon-crats hold as an all imprtant. Which by the way is going to trash our health care, Take over 1/6th of our economy & trash that as well. Do You Really Think? they will take the time to read let alone debate a lil ole issue like A Citizens Right to Keep & Bear Arms.

I am usually not a pessimist but...:what:

eastmeyers

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I have read, & I like.

But in case you haven't noticed, our state congress is heavily Dem, & Liberal. Oh I almost forgot bout you know her;) (bleeding heart)

Remember what John Conyers said “I love these members, they get up and say, ‘Read the bill'... What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”

This is a statement said about an issue the Demon-crats hold as an all imprtant. Which by the way is going to trash our health care, Take over 1/6th of our economy & trash that as well. Do You Really Think? they will take the time to read let alone debate a lil ole issue like A Citizens Right to Keep & Bear Arms.

I am usually not a pessimist but...:what:

I know, hopfull a STATE rep will have time to not trample our rights, we shall see. I will post the responce when I get one. Please everyone write your reps too!!!

http://house.michigan.gov/find_a_rep.asp

God Bless!

Haman J.T.

imported post

I'll be writing my Rep again.It,s always a good idea to write our Reps all the time as I do and all of us must.It's our responsibility to tell them what to do once they're in office.

Denny

imported post

Denny wrote:
Just sent an email to Representative Rick Jones. Thanks for the heads up.

Wow, got 2 email back already. The first one was an automated one but here is the second one.

Thank you for contacting me.

In answer to your first question, to find out why the bill has not moved, you will want to contact the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Representative Mark Meadows. It is up to each committee chair to decide which legislation is put before their committee. You can reach Representative Meadows at (517) 373-1786 or markmeadows@house.mi.gov.

As for me, I am a firm believer in the right to keep and bear arms. I was rated A+ by the NRA. I would support this bill should it come for a vote on the Judiciary Committee, and the House floor.

Thanks, and have a great Thanksgiving.
Rick Jones

Denny

imported post

Just fired off an email sent to Representative Mark Meadows. Lets see how long it takes him to answer. Representative Rick Jones' response was super fast. My in-box says he sent it 20 minutes after I sent him my original email. I'm actually impressed by a politician for once.