Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: open carry meet

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    I havent open carried solo yet and would like to get with a group of folks who also open carry. where is everybody meeting at now days?



    OC MEET SET.

    SANTANA ROW IN SAN JOSE CA @ 12:30. LETS GET A LIST GOING ON WHO IS COMING. LETS MAKE THIS A GOOD TURN OUT BEFORE WINTER HITS US.



  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California, USA
    Posts
    108

    Post imported post

    If you build it they will come. Isn't that what they usually say??

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    Well lets get something going then. If you want to get together and figure out a date, thats fine with me if its cool with you. Coffee shop no where near a school is fine with me. Let me know.



  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    "Hoity-toity" Palo Alto, California, USA
    Posts
    103

    Post imported post

    I think DirtyKoala mentioned in another thread that he was going to put together another Bay Area meet. I am sure once he figures something out, he will contact us and put the word out.



  5. #5
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stanislaus County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,586

    Post imported post

    I have no idea where Newark is, but if you browse the forum for a week or two you'll quickly figure who is active in your area, and whether they have meetups or not.

    SouthBayr wrote:
    If you build it they will come. Isn't that what they usually say??
    They also say, "there's no need to reinvent the wheel." If there's already a local group, you may not need/want to start another - though there's no problem having multiple local groups to accomodate more people.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org


    Don't Tread On Me.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    I would love to come to an OC meetup! I'm in the North Bay (sonoma/marin). I just had my first open carry experience and it went very smoothly. I kept it simple for my first time out and OC'd while walking my dog around the neighborhood. There aren't any schools within 1000' so I new I would be okay. Let's get something going for the Bay Area!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Mateo,California, ,
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    count me in!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    642

    Post imported post

    tall_tree wrote:
    I think DirtyKoala mentioned in another thread that he was going to put together another Bay Area meet. I am sure once he figures something out, he will contact us and put the word out.

    im at a loss! i having a hard time thinking of a place to go (besides starbucks) that everyone can sit down and hang out at a low cost. another bbq would be nice but its pretty cold now and we have a chance of getting rained out.

    if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to get the ball rolling, you dont have to wait for me.

    im looking for a roadside up (edit: roadside cleanup) or something along those lines for us to attend. any objections to this? im sure we will encounter a lot of antis at an event like this, but it might be a good way to explain/demonstrate that we have a lot of the same goals, that we carry guns for our RIGHTS just as they fight for theirs, and that we are not gun nuts that want to play cowboys and indians.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California, USA
    Posts
    108

    Post imported post

    If you want to go for a large public place (which gives us the chance to educate) then how about some place inside Santana Row? I believe (Please check for yourself) that it is outside any GFSZ.

    Walking up and down the sidewalks would get a lot of attention.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    SouthBayr wrote:
    If you want to go for a large public place (which gives us the chance to educate) then how about some place inside Santana Row? I believe (Please check for yourself) that it is outside any GFSZ.

    Walking up and down the sidewalks would get a lot of attention.
    Great idea. This location should be OUR next meet. I will google map the location and see ifI can find any restricted areas. If we're clear of GFSZ, but is alittle out of the 1,000 ft mark, I'll print out directions from our location to the school to show LEO we're in the clear. This weekend should be the meet since it's getting cooler by the day.

    we're open for suggestions.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    642

    Post imported post

    I would recommend/strongly urge you not to bring a map of the school zones. The burden of proof that you are in violation of 626.9 is on the courts, bringing a map does the work for them, plus if you were to accidentally violate the GFSZ act, you would have zero defense if the map was found. No good can come from bringing a map with you, just know your routes before you leave.

    Santana row is a great idea, 626.9 permitting.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    dirtykoala wrote:
    I would recommend/strongly urge you not to bring a map of the school zones. The burden of proof that you are in violation of 626.9 is on the courts, bringing a map does the work for them, plus if you were to accidentally violate the GFSZ act, you would have zero defense if the map was found. No good can come from bringing a map with you, just know your routes before you leave.

    Santana row is a great idea, 626.9 permitting.
    Thanks for catching that. I was just trying to cover our ass, but it looks like I was causing more harm. I will still look up the location for GFSZ anyways.

    We're getting somewhere.:celebrate



    edit: still a noob

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    glocked-N-loaded wrote:
    dirtykoala wrote:
    I would recommend/strongly urge you not to bring a map of the school zones. The burden of proof that you are in violation of 626.9 is on the courts, bringing a map does the work for them, plus if you were to accidentally violate the GFSZ act, you would have zero defense if the map was found. No good can come from bringing a map with you, just know your routes before you leave.

    Santana row is a great idea, 626.9 permitting.
    Thanks for catching that. I was just trying to cover our ass, but it looks like I was causing more harm. I will still look up the location for GFSZ anyways.

    We're getting somewhere.:celebrate



    edit: still a noob
    I'd be interested in attending, probably not going to carry my firstfew timesbut I would like to meet some other activists face-to-face.

    Keep us updated!

    :celebrate


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    Ok, heres what I came up with.

    theres a few schools near by, but the nearest one to us (santana row) is across the freeway. way over 1 mile. the address is 300 O'connor dr if you want to check for yourself. I read that santana row shopping centeron saturday is open from 12:00-4:30 and closed on sundays.....so saturday will be the day then if we all agree on it.



    Who is ok with a OC meet at santana row in san jose@ 12:30pm ??

    LETS GET A LIST GOING.

    (1) James - glocked-N-loaded

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    9

    Post imported post

    glocked-N-loaded wrote:
    Ok, heres what I came up with.

    theres a few schools near by, but the nearest one to us (santana row) is across the freeway. way over 1 mile. the address is 300 O'connor dr if you want to check for yourself. I read that santana row shopping centeron saturday is open from 12:00-4:30 and closed on sundays.....so saturday will be the day then if we all agree on it.



    Who is ok with a OC meet at santana row in san jose@ 12:30pm ??

    LETS GET A LIST GOING.

    (1) James - glocked-N-loaded

    (2 & 3) David - CA Glocker & fiance


  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Livermore, California, USA
    Posts
    229

    Post imported post

    I might make it for this Saturday 11-28-09, if that is the date. Please PM me if needed.

    All The Best,

    Livermoron

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    Saturday, November 28th

    santana row shopping center

    san jose, ca.

    12:30pm



  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    This Saturday? I'd like to come, I suppose.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Mateo,California, ,
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    i will be there how do i find you guys

  20. #20
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    I hate being a guy throwing negativity toward an idea of a meetup, but Santana Row might not be the best idea for a meetup. Why? It's private property. If you're asked to leave, you'll have to leave or you'll be charged with trespassing. What's your backup plan?

    If you're set for Santana Row, just be aware that you will likely be 12031(e) checked as there are usually a visible police presence at Santana Row. Also, have a backup plan. I'd recommend a nearby restaurant or coffee shop. Just make sure it's not in a school zone since Theseus' case is still up in the air.

    Having said all of that, I might attend. I'm not sure if I will be able to due to my family being in town, I'm also not sure if I'll carry due to the recent push from some of our more experienced members to lay low for a bit. I'm still thinking about where I stand.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    642

    Post imported post

    expresstowal wrote:
    i will be there how do i find you guys
    look for people with guns that are not wearing masks or pointing them at people.







    really though, where is a good meeting spot? maybe that courtyard infront of magianos(?) and the fish taco place?
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    642

    Post imported post

    bigtoe416 wrote:
    I hate being a guy throwing negativity toward an idea of a meetup, but Santana Row might not be the best idea for a meetup. Why? It's private property. If you're asked to leave, you'll have to leave or you'll be charged with trespassing. What's your backup plan?

    If you're set for Santana Row, just be aware that you will likely be 12031(e) checked as there are usually a visible police presence at Santana Row. Also, have a backup plan. I'd recommend a nearby restaurant or coffee shop. Just make sure it's not in a school zone since Theseus' case is still up in the air.

    Having said all of that, I might attend. I'm not sure if I will be able to due to my family being in town, I'm also not sure if I'll carry due to the recent push from some of our more experienced members to lay low for a bit. I'm still thinking about where I stand.
    i have also slowed down on my UOCing quite a bit, but i think group events are important. my attitude toward UOC has swung from 80/20 protection/protest to something more like 10/90. still though, we cant just sit and wait in hopes that laws will change, if they never do, then we will never exersize our rights?

    a backup location is a really good idea. i didnt think about santana row being private.

    i think being e-checked in a group is a good thing for everyone, especially the newer members. my first e-check was in a group, and it took the edge off. if my first one was anything likethe crazy one in september when i was solo i would probably have _hit bricks.

    hope to see you there.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    dirtykoala wrote:
    expresstowal wrote:
    i will be there how do i find you guys

    look for people with guns that are not wearing masks or pointing them at people.







    really though, where is a good meeting spot? maybe that courtyard infront of magianos(?) and the fish taco place?
    magianos sound fine for meet up. about the back up location, well there is a mall across the street. thats where we should all park. we can hang there till we figure out our next location if we get ran off from santana row.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    newark, California, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    5-6 OCer's so far. more people, the better.

    :celebrate

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Jose, California, USA
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    I'm very interested in these events. However I my current part time job is weekends only. But if there is a get together say Monday thru Thursday I'd most likely be in for that.

    The Santana Row event sounds great, hope is goes well and look forward to hearing about it.

    Ken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •