• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry meet

dirtykoala

imported post

expresstowal wrote:
i will be there how do i find you guys

look for people with guns that are not wearing masks or pointing them at people.

really though, where is a good meeting spot? maybe that courtyard infront of magianos(?) and the fish taco place?

dirtykoala

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
I hate being a guy throwing negativity toward an idea of a meetup, but Santana Row might not be the best idea for a meetup. Why? It's private property. If you're asked to leave, you'll have to leave or you'll be charged with trespassing. What's your backup plan?

If you're set for Santana Row, just be aware that you will likely be 12031(e) checked as there are usually a visible police presence at Santana Row. Also, have a backup plan. I'd recommend a nearby restaurant or coffee shop. Just make sure it's not in a school zone since Theseus' case is still up in the air.

Having said all of that, I might attend. I'm not sure if I will be able to due to my family being in town, I'm also not sure if I'll carry due to the recent push from some of our more experienced members to lay low for a bit. I'm still thinking about where I stand.

i have also slowed down on my UOCing quite a bit, but i think group events are important. my attitude toward UOC has swung from 80/20 protection/protest to something more like 10/90. still though, we cant just sit and wait in hopes that laws will change, if they never do, then we will never exersize our rights?

a backup location is a really good idea. i didnt think about santana row being private.

i think being e-checked in a group is a good thing for everyone, especially the newer members. my first e-check was in a group, and it took the edge off. if my first one was anything likethe crazy one in september when i was solo i would probably have _hit bricks.

hope to see you there.

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
expresstowal wrote:
i will be there how do i find you guys
look for people with guns that are not wearing masks or pointing them at people.

really though, where is a good meeting spot? maybe that courtyard infront of magianos(?) and the fish taco place?
magianos sound fine for meet up. about the back up location, well there is a mall across the street. thats where we should all park. we can hang there till we figure out our next location if we get ran off from santana row.

aslink

imported post

I'm very interested in these events. However I my current part time job is weekends only. But if there is a get together say Monday thru Thursday I'd most likely be in for that.

The Santana Row event sounds great, hope is goes well and look forward to hearing about it.

Ken

SouthBayr

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
I hate being a guy throwing negativity toward an idea of a meetup, but Santana Row might not be the best idea for a meetup. Why? It's private property. If you're asked to leave, you'll have to leave or you'll be charged with trespassing. What's your backup plan?

If you're set for Santana Row, just be aware that you will likely be 12031(e) checked as there are usually a visible police presence at Santana Row. Also, have a backup plan. I'd recommend a nearby restaurant or coffee shop. Just make sure it's not in a school zone since Theseus' case is still up in the air.

Having said all of that, I might attend. I'm not sure if I will be able to due to my family being in town, I'm also not sure if I'll carry due to the recent push from some of our more experienced members to lay low for a bit. I'm still thinking about where I stand.

I'm not so sure about the sidewalks being private property. I've seen San Jose's finest out there patrolling and even enforcing traffic laws on the streets within Santana Row.

I'll do some more research.

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:

I'm not so sure about the sidewalks being private property. I've seen San Jose's finest out there patrolling and even enforcing traffic laws on the streets within Santana Row.

Thanks for following up on that for us Mr. South.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SouthBayr wrote:

That's a good point.

Using Valley Fair as a backup isn't a great idea. Valley Fair is definitely private property and is even more likely to ask you to leave. There's a pizza place across the street called "Tony's and Alba's Pizza and Pasta" that's in a small strip mall. I'd recommend using a smaller place such as that for a backup.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tony-and-albas-pizza-and-pasta-san-jose

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
SouthBayr wrote:

That's a good point.

Using Valley Fair as a backup isn't a great idea. Valley Fair is definitely private property and is even more likely to ask you to leave. There's a pizza place across the street called "Tony's and Alba's Pizza and Pasta" that's in a small strip mall. I'd recommend using a smaller place such as that for a backup.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tony-and-albas-pizza-and-pasta-san-jose
nice, I love pizza! Will def keep this in mind.

boichoi

imported post

Hmm, two days after Thanksgiving, one of the busiest shopping times, just thinking out loud, do parents lugging their kids around and people shoppping for the holidays really want to see a bunch of guys carrying?

demnogis

imported post

I would just avoid malls this weekend. Period. An open venue. And restaurant area would be a better pick imho, but im not event coordinator. In my experience mall visits whilst open carrying can result in a full-on rifles drawn full-force team of LEOs dispatched, or nobody caring.

Not like i'm speaking from experience or anything...

[Btw, banned for life from South Coast Plaza]

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

boichoi wrote:
Hmm, two days after Thanksgiving, one of the busiest shopping times, just thinking out loud, do parents lugging their kids around and people shoppping for the holidays really want to see a bunch of guys carrying?

........and this is suppose to stop me for exercising my (our) rights?

SouthBayr

imported post

demnogis wrote:
I would just avoid malls this weekend. Period. An open venue. And restaurant area would be a better pick imho, but im not event coordinator. In my experience mall visits whilst open carrying can result in a full-on rifles drawn full-force team of LEOs dispatched, or nobody caring.

Not like i'm speaking from experience or anything...

[Btw, banned for life from South Coast Plaza]

Well I guess my internal calendar isn't working, malls or shopping areas this weekend is not wise IMHO. I like the idea of catching more bees with honey then forcing UOC down someone's throat.

Hesperian

imported post

If we're going to have a meet, we shouldn't tell everyone on open forumwhen and where untilafter it happens. Wouldn't want anysuprise guests or government fundedparty crashers showing up.

:shock:

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

CA Glocker wrote:
If we're going to have a meet, we shouldn't tell everyone on open forumwhen and where untilafter it happens. Wouldn't want anysuprise guests or government fundedparty crashers showing up.

:shock:

Thats true, but its too late to change the meeting location now. We'll all still meet up there and we will cordinate a second location if the santana row shopping center is flooded with..........??

bring some ideas along about where we should go.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

(1) James - glocked-N-loaded

(2 & 3) David - CA Glocker & fiance

(4) - Bad_Ace I'll be there. I don't mind heading to a restaurant if it's crowded.