• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry meet

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

I havent open carried solo yet and would like to get with a group of folks who also open carry. where is everybody meeting at now days?

OC MEET SET.

SANTANA ROW IN SAN JOSE CA @ 12:30. LETS GET A LIST GOING ON WHO IS COMING. LETS MAKE THIS A GOOD TURN OUT BEFORE WINTER HITS US.

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

Well lets get something going then. If you want to get together and figure out a date, thats fine with me if its cool with you. Coffee shop no where near a school is fine with me. :DLet me know.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I have no idea where Newark is, but if you browse the forum for a week or two you'll quickly figure who is active in your area, and whether they have meetups or not.

SouthBayr wrote:
If you build it they will come. Isn't that what they usually say??
They also say, "there's no need to reinvent the wheel." If there's already a local group, you may not need/want to start another - though there's no problem having multiple local groups to accomodate more people.

DeX

imported post

I would love to come to an OC meetup! I'm in the North Bay (sonoma/marin). I just had my first open carry experience and it went very smoothly. I kept it simple for my first time out and OC'd while walking my dog around the neighborhood. There aren't any schools within 1000' so I new I would be okay. Let's get something going for the Bay Area!

dirtykoala

imported post

tall_tree wrote:
I think DirtyKoala mentioned in another thread that he was going to put together another Bay Area meet. I am sure once he figures something out, he will contact us and put the word out.

im at a loss! i having a hard time thinking of a place to go (besides starbucks) that everyone can sit down and hang out at a low cost. another bbq would be nice but its pretty cold now and we have a chance of getting rained out.

if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to get the ball rolling, you dont have to wait for me.

im looking for a roadside up (edit: roadside cleanup) or something along those lines for us to attend. any objections to this? im sure we will encounter a lot of antis at an event like this, but it might be a good way to explain/demonstrate that we have a lot of the same goals, that we carry guns for our RIGHTS just as they fight for theirs, and that we are not gun nuts that want to play cowboys and indians.

SouthBayr

imported post

If you want to go for a large public place (which gives us the chance to educate) then how about some place inside Santana Row? I believe (Please check for yourself) that it is outside any GFSZ.

Walking up and down the sidewalks would get a lot of attention.

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
If you want to go for a large public place (which gives us the chance to educate) then how about some place inside Santana Row? I believe (Please check for yourself) that it is outside any GFSZ.

Walking up and down the sidewalks would get a lot of attention.

Great idea. This location should be OUR next meet. I will google map the location and see ifI can find any restricted areas. If we're clear of GFSZ, but is alittle out of the 1,000 ft mark, I'll print out directions from our location to the school to show LEO we're in the clear. This weekend should be the meet since it's getting cooler by the day.

we're open for suggestions.

dirtykoala

imported post

I would recommend/strongly urge you not to bring a map of the school zones. The burden of proof that you are in violation of 626.9 is on the courts, bringing a map does the work for them, plus if you were to accidentally violate the GFSZ act, you would have zero defense if the map was found. No good can come from bringing a map with you, just know your routes before you leave.

Santana row is a great idea, 626.9 permitting.

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
I would recommend/strongly urge you not to bring a map of the school zones. The burden of proof that you are in violation of 626.9 is on the courts, bringing a map does the work for them, plus if you were to accidentally violate the GFSZ act, you would have zero defense if the map was found. No good can come from bringing a map with you, just know your routes before you leave.

Thanks for catching that. I was just trying to cover our ass, but it looks like I was causing more harm. I will still look up the location for GFSZ anyways.

We're getting somewhere.:celebrate

edit: still a noob

Hesperian

imported post

glocked-N-loaded wrote:
dirtykoala wrote:

Thanks for catching that. I was just trying to cover our ass, but it looks like I was causing more harm. I will still look up the location for GFSZ anyways.

We're getting somewhere.:celebrate

edit: still a noob
I'd be interested in attending, probably not going to carry my firstfew timesbut I would like to meet some other activists face-to-face.

Keep us updated!

:celebrate

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

Ok, heres what I came up with.

theres a few schools near by, but the nearest one to us (santana row) is across the freeway. way over 1 mile. the address is 300 O'connor dr if you want to check for yourself. I read that santana row shopping centeron saturday is open from 12:00-4:30 and closed on sundays.....so saturday will be the day then if we all agree on it.

Who is ok with a OC meet at santana row in san jose@ 12:30pm ??

LETS GET A LIST GOING.

(1) James - glocked-N-loaded

Hesperian

imported post

glocked-N-loaded wrote:
Ok, heres what I came up with.

theres a few schools near by, but the nearest one to us (santana row) is across the freeway. way over 1 mile. the address is 300 O'connor dr if you want to check for yourself. I read that santana row shopping centeron saturday is open from 12:00-4:30 and closed on sundays.....so saturday will be the day then if we all agree on it.

Who is ok with a OC meet at santana row in san jose@ 12:30pm ??

LETS GET A LIST GOING.
(1) James - glocked-N-loaded

(2 & 3) David - CA Glocker & fiance

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I hate being a guy throwing negativity toward an idea of a meetup, but Santana Row might not be the best idea for a meetup. Why? It's private property. If you're asked to leave, you'll have to leave or you'll be charged with trespassing. What's your backup plan?

If you're set for Santana Row, just be aware that you will likely be 12031(e) checked as there are usually a visible police presence at Santana Row. Also, have a backup plan. I'd recommend a nearby restaurant or coffee shop. Just make sure it's not in a school zone since Theseus' case is still up in the air.

Having said all of that, I might attend. I'm not sure if I will be able to due to my family being in town, I'm also not sure if I'll carry due to the recent push from some of our more experienced members to lay low for a bit. I'm still thinking about where I stand.