• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

transporting in the car

Ranchero

imported post

Ok, how about my shotgun? I can't put in in a holster or locked container.... Can I carry it on the passanger's seat unloaded? Back seat? I drive a Jeep and have no trunk.

Rusty

imported post

Long guns are not relevant to 12025. That only applies to concealable firearms.

12025. (a) A person is guilty of carrying a concealed firearm when he or she does any of the following:
(1) Carries concealed within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(2) Carries concealed upon his or her person any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(3) Causes to be carried concealed within any vehicle in which he or she is an occupant any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.

So as long at the long gun is not loaded, you can walk down the street with it under your trench coat, put it under the seat of your car, whatever.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

wakeguy35 wrote:
So in my truck can i drive with an unload gun on my hip?
Yes, except for obstacles like 1,000 ft. school zones (which do not include colleges); youc an also open carry a loaded handgun in vehicles in unincorporated areas where the County has not banned shooting; but even then, more obstacles loom: Where are you? Unincorporated or incorporated area? Has the County banned shooting in some part of that area and are you in it?

woody510

imported post

where can i find a safe like that with the three combos and turn knob? all the ones i can find have keys and thats the last thing i want to be caught doing is fumbling for a key when i'm in danger...

never mind found them at Cabela's