• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello!!! New member in Idaho checking in!

technique

imported post

Just wanted to say, hey!

I moved to Idaho from California 2 1/2 months ago.
Just joined this site today...I'm actually a bit stunned to see some info in this section.
I have been on a ton of adventures since moving here...I go all over the place exploring. I haven't seen a single person LOCing!

Now, I did hear a story on a local board here...about OC at Idaho pizza co. (?)
but it seems the "corporate" office has since decided against allowing it in their
establishment.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I'll have a look around now!:)

NightOwl

imported post

Welcome to Idaho, sorry I missed your post for so long.

I OC everywhere I go. Plenty of other folks around the area do as well, but it's still not that common. Even so, the police don't hassle and things run smoothly.

You can hit up youtube if you'd like to see thelast time it made the news, when some folks went to the zoo OC. Pretty amusing, I thought.

ISRAEL

imported post

HELLOW THERE, I AM NEW AT THIS OC, AND SINCE I JOIN THE GROUP I HAVE BEEN OC, AT MANY PLACES,LIKE TARGET,LOS BETOS RESTAURANT, WINCO ETC. I DID THIS ,ON LAST SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AND NO PROBLEM, AT WINCO I WAS AT THE CASHIER, WHEN A WOMAN WAS BEHIND ME AND WHEN SHE MY 44 MAGNUN SHE DECIDED TO GO TO A DIFFERNT CASHIER, IT WILL HAPPEN BUT IDAHO IS AN OC. STATE AND WE MUST DO IT BEFORE WE LOOSE IT.

I HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US AT THE SUNRISE RESTAURANT IN MERIDIAN ON

THE 10 OF DECEMBER. IF YOU COME, COME ARMED, WE ALL DO,YOU WILL BE WELCOME. ISRAEL.:celebrate

technique

imported post

NightOwl,

Thanks for the welcome. The first time I was ask "why don't you just open carry?"
was by a local police officer. I was asking about residency and CCW. So after that I kinda figured I wouldn't be having and trouble, It was just the lack seeing others involved. Most of the people I have met out here are CCW holders.

ISRAEL,

Thanks for the welcome. I may just join you guys! When you say " Use it before we loose it" are people actively trying to revoke the OC right in Idaho? I would imagine that would have some impact on CCW holders as well. Idaho sems much, much more pro gun, pro gun rights...I would imagine they would have a fight on their hands if so.

9Shooter,

Thank you too for the welcome! I am the same Tech from BS!

NightOwl

imported post

I'm moving back to CA within the next couple of days, otherwise I'd be picking up my CCW too. It gets chilly here in the winter, and having the option of concealed would be mighty nice. I OC'd all last winter, and frankly, it sucked, and I had no intention of doing so again.

Probably the only time I really was annoyed by any anti-oc was when the fire department was doing a medical call in my apartment building, and they asked the police to talk to me (I was standing in the hallway outside my apartment talking with a neighbor). The cop, having to do something but knowing there wasn't anything he could do, was kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. So he asked (yes, asked) me to go inside or he'd have to have an officer just hang out with me and my neighbor. This annoyed my neighbor, who went inside, thus removing my reason for being out in the first place. I was pretty ticked at the time, but I got over it in due course. Never got any respect back for the local fire department though.

Anyhow, to my knowledge nobody is trying to fight OC around here. However, there is a growing "omg it's a gun" thing going on, due to the large number of people moving here from CA, so there is some potential of that. Not too concerned though, since our gun rights are protected in the state constitution. The state politicians are very pro-gun, judging from the ones I've had corespondence with, so just vote well and things will stay a nice and firearm-friendly environment.

Vandal

imported post

Why go back to CA?

There is a "OMG its a gun" in Northern ID too. Moscow has it because of all of the bleeding heart students that I tend to ignore or use logic and facts to beat. Coeur d'Alene is that way as it is a tourist town full of folks from outside Idaho and hunting types who only like guns for hunting. I have been told up there that I don't need a gun to defend myself, that is why we have cops, uhh ok... Again, i tend to ignore them. During winter I only OC with my jacket off as it is just easier for me with the cold temps we have up here.

thefirststrike

imported post

technique,

I don't know where you are living, you don't say, but I OC regularly here in Moscow, and also Pullman WA across the border and I have not had any trouble at all. I have never been approached by LE, and I have not even had anyone in the public confront me or say anything about it (my bank manager asked me not to, but no one from the general public has uttered a peep).

I OC in Winco, Walmart, the Moscow Library, Safeway, Roseauers, Movie Gallery, and the movie theater in Pullman. I did get a surprised look the other dayfrom an employee at Hastings (video/music/bookstorre) but he diudn't say anything. I had been in there at least 2x before and no one said anything. He might the next time I am in there. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Dave R

NightOwl

imported post

Vandal wrote:
Why go back to CA?

There is a "OMG its a gun" in Northern ID too. Moscow has it because of all of the bleeding heart students that I tend to ignore or use logic and facts to beat. Coeur d'Alene is that way as it is a tourist town full of folks from outside Idaho and hunting types who only like guns for hunting. I have been told up there that I don't need a gun to defend myself, that is why we have cops, uhh ok... Again, i tend to ignore them. During winter I only OC with my jacket off as it is just easier for me with the cold temps we have up here.
I was planning on it for employment, but my mother had a heart attack followed up with open heart surgery. I need to be there, it's not a choice of wanting to be in that state.

technique

imported post

Thanks guys, for the warm welcome.

I'm out here in Caldwell but I can toss a rock into Nampa. I'm close to Lake Lowell.
I hope to see some of you on the 10th as well!:)

John Wolver

imported post

technique wrote:
Thanks guys, for the warm welcome.

I'm out here in Caldwell but I can toss a rock into Nampa. I'm close to Lake Lowell.
I hope to see some of you on the 10th as well!:)
there are several of us in caldwell, we will get together next week or so, and all of us say hi if we can.

TopGunIdaho

imported post

How bout meeting up at the range behind the dump? I hate having to throwclay pigeons by myself.;)