• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Evil Rifle" purchase

essayons

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I do believe he has been invited to attend VCDL meetings by several people. He would, of course, be treated in a civil manner and be permitted to speak his mind, but guys like that never have the guts to show.
He would?:shock:

Nobody said anything about the parking lot afterwards ;)

Pagan

imported post

essayons wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I do believe he has been invited to attend VCDL meetings by several people. He would, of course, be treated in a civil manner and be permitted to speak his mind, but guys like that never have the guts to show.

That's not cool man, even a jokingly applied statement like that is incriminating IMO, and lowers us to the level of the tyrannts. We must be willing to discuss our views with anybody that opposes us, either at a VCDL meeting or standing in line at a grocery store, or a parking lot.

Being absolutely sure of YOUR view without even listening to the other sides reason or lack there of, is dogmatic. We should always consider the views of others with respect, just as we would like them to accept ours.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Pagan wrote:
essayons wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

That's not cool man, even a jokingly applied statement like that is incriminating IMO, and lowers us to the level of the tyrannts. We must be willing to discuss our views with anybody that opposes us, either at a  VCDL meeting or standing in line at a grocery store, or a parking lot.

Being absolutely sure of YOUR view without even listening to the other sides reason or lack there of, is dogmatic. We should always consider the views of others with respect, just as we would like them to accept ours.

Well put.

Tomahawk

imported post

Pagan wrote:
essayons wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

That's not cool man, even a jokingly applied statement like that is incriminating IMO, and lowers us to the level of the tyrannts. We must be willing to discuss our views with anybody that opposes us, either at a VCDL meeting or standing in line at a grocery store, or a parking lot.

Correct. Bloomberg always has a security detail. Apparently he thinks he needs it to protect himself from us barabarians. Let's be a little more grown-up than to prove him right.