• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Cochrane and Fountain City WI.

hardballer

imported post

I was open carrying in Cochrane WI and stopped at the grocery store with new ownership. I went back to the meat counter and was looking for a good hunk of red meat when the new store owner walks past and says; Hey. . . open carry, good for you. Glad to see it. Wish more would exercise their right to carry.

I was so shocked all I could do is look at him and smile. I smiled and mumbled something like; "yeah, thanks." and went about my shopping. finally got back to the meat counter and the same guy was back there. The new owner of the store. Finally had my wits back and said thanks again and we had a great conversation about the 2A and the sad state of affairs our government is in.

His oldest boy was home and turns out he open carries too. His boy lives over in Trempealeau County. Back from a third tour in Iraq. It was nice to finally run into someone who shared my love of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Wish more open carried in this county. I also carried over in Fountain City tonight too but was in the majority as many gun owners carried due to the deer season opener. Still got some strange looks though.

I was really psyched about the welcome I received in Cochrane and just thought I would add that the fellows wife and co-owner of the store feels the same way. She is also on the City Council. I will be spending my money there often.

hardballer

imported post

I agree. I hear more and more about it but sure would like to see more. Heck, I live in Buffalo County Wisconsin. I was in Daytona Beach and my home came up. The fellow was wild about the fact that I lived in the greatest deer hunting county in the country so you'd think there would be a few more 2A supporters here. I will just continue to open carry, write, speak and do.

hardballer

imported post

Open Carried today throughout Alma WI. Pharmacy, convenience store, Boat landing, etc. A couple of lookers but no comments. Enjoyed the day.

hardballer

imported post

This last week I open carried in LaCrosse, Onalaska, Trempealeau, Centerville, Arcadia, Independence, Fountain City, Alma, Cochrane, Buffalo City, Waumandee, etc. No worries.

In and out of several businesses.

People are friendly and courteous. No untoward comments. My wife very much likes the idea that I am armed. She feels secure and safe.

hardballer

imported post

OC'd in Alma (the county seat) and Buffalo City (Kinda like Brigadoon) today. All quiet on the Wisconsin Front. I was greeted with a smile by the clerk in the pharmacy and the Kwik Trip. Exchanged pleasantries and was on my way.

At the Kwik Trip, a couple of kids remarked to their father about my holstered sidearm and he told them it was OK if you have the required license and permit. Unfortunately this was in passing and I did not get a chance to rebut.

Beautiful day with the sunshine and all. Just checking in.

Oh, I carry a cocked and locked, full sized Government model 1911 in stainless steel in a belt holster, strong side. FBI cant. The holster is a Kydex leather hybrid that I made; Kind of like a Yaqui in size so most of the sidearm shows.