• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MUST Hear story on NPR

Capn Camo

imported post

MUST HEAR/SHARE with your Liberal friends. Story of woman who left her gun in the car when it could have defended a restaurant under attack; her mother was killed.

THis story repeats the fallacy that all carry must be concealed carry.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120542319

Your liberal friends cant deny NPR, its the clearing house for Leftist propaganda.

"
One of the more public figures to emerge from the Luby's massacre was Suzanna Hupp. On that day in 1991, she was a young chiropractor, eating lunch with her parents at Luby's. The pickup truck driver shot her parents dead in the dining room.
"My gun was 100 feet away, out in the parking lot in my car," Hupp said, "because at that time in the state of Texas, it was illegal to carry." She claims that if she'd had her pistol with her, she would have stood up, aimed and taken Hennard out.
Hupp rode her grief and outrage into the Texas Legislature, where as a lawmaker representing Killeen, she won passage of the state's concealed handgun law. It does not apply on military bases.
At a cafe in her hometown of Lampasas, Hupp packs a Kel-Tec .380 in her purse; her chair faces the door. Luby's changed her.
"I do consider myself much more aware," Hupp said. "When I'm sitting in a restaurant, I notice where the exits are. I definitely notice if a single man walks through the door and looks odd for some reason."
When she heard about the shooting at the Army post down the road, her mind raced back to the Luby's dining room and the human tendency to think, "It can never happen to me."
Of one thing Hupp is sure: No matter how many years pass, the Fort Hood shooting will forever change everyone who was there."

Ill challenge that as a false statement. The Media always make that false generalization to pretend that Government can make restrictions on O.C. and the willing Leftist Media are always there to run with it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
MUST HEAR/SHARE with your Liberal friends. Story of woman who left her gun in the car when it could have defended a restaurant under attack; her mother was killed.

THis story repeats the fallacy that all carry must be concealed carry.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120542319

Your liberal friends cant deny NPR, its the clearing house for Leftist propaganda.

"
One of the more public figures to emerge from the Luby's massacre was Suzanna Hupp. On that day in 1991, she was a young chiropractor, eating lunch with her parents at Luby's. The pickup truck driver shot her parents dead in the dining room.
"My gun was 100 feet away, out in the parking lot in my car," Hupp said, "because at that time in the state of Texas, it was illegal to carry." She claims that if she'd had her pistol with her, she would have stood up, aimed and taken Hennard out.
Hupp rode her grief and outrage into the Texas Legislature, where as a lawmaker representing Killeen, she won passage of the state's concealed handgun law. It does not apply on military bases.
At a cafe in her hometown of Lampasas, Hupp packs a Kel-Tec .380 in her purse; her chair faces the door. Luby's changed her.
"I do consider myself much more aware," Hupp said. "When I'm sitting in a restaurant, I notice where the exits are. I definitely notice if a single man walks through the door and looks odd for some reason."
When she heard about the shooting at the Army post down the road, her mind raced back to the Luby's dining room and the human tendency to think, "It can never happen to me."
Of one thing Hupp is sure: No matter how many years pass, the Fort Hood shooting will forever change everyone who was there."

Ill challenge that as a false statement. The Media always make that false generalization to pretend that Government can make restrictions on O.C. and the willing Leftist Media are always there to run with it.
My wife carries. Everyone in my family knows. Everyone also knows that I sit facing the door. My daughters, now 15 and 17 have known since they were born that mom and dad carry, that dad always faces the door in any restruarant. My daughters also know every exit of every building they are in, if you walk up and cover their eyes and ask them where the exits are, they can tell you. It is pretty impressive, they are tiny (both will be lucky to be 5' tall). They know on their 21st birthday dad will have a carry gun for them and they will be prepared.

HeesBonafide

imported post

This woman has spoken in front of Government panels discussing this situation and has done an excellent job telling the government officials that the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting, but about protecting all of us from all of them (pointing to the people on the government panel.)

Here is her testimony: http://tinyurl.com/5b9xgq

Here is an interview with her on Virginia Tech: http://tinyurl.com/yhevwjq

Have a great and safe night everyone!

oldkim

imported post

Her father was killed in front of her and then later her mother by this gunman.

I was stationed there at Ft Hood at the time and this has been my beginningto have as many people carry as possible.

For those that want to practice with their carry firearm (openly or concealed) send me an email.

I need your name, contact phone and a brief history of your shooting experience. I'll then add you to my email list and let you know when the next shooting practice will be.

oldkim@aol.com

Shooting Like the Good Old Days - Shooting on the Move!

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/30912.html

Where: Renton Fish and Game Club, Renton, WA

Young Kim

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Use the search function on this forum - there are 35 threads referencing Luby, Texas shooting and 71 threads discussing Hupp.

Guess it doesn't hurt to review for new posters, but a little looking would go a long way. :)

BTW - shooting on the move is great realistic practice!

Yata hey